Ridgeway Alliance Church Holds Memorial for Dr. Philip Teng
A memorial service for Dr. Philip Teng, professor emeritus and founding director of the Chinese Studies program at Alliance Theological Seminary will be held at Ridgeway Alliance Church, 465 Ridgeway, White Plains, New York on Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 10 a.m.
As a trailblazer in seminary education for Chinese students, Dr. Teng recognized a need for trained pastors to minister to the significant influx of Chinese immigrants from different parts of Asia to North America. The ATS program was established in 1987 and designed so that for three-fourths of curriculum, the Chinese students attend the same classes with Anglo (or Caucasian) students, as well as with international students from Africa, Middle East, Latin America and South East Asia. For the remaining quarter of the curriculum, Chinese students are in a primarily homogenous class in courses designed for ministry to the Chinese churches in North America.
Flowers may be sent to Ridgeway Alliance Church from Wednesday, January 22 through Friday, January 24 between 9 am and 5 pm and on Saturday, January 25 between 9 am and 10 am before the start of the memorial service.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>