Ridgeway Alliance Church Holds Memorial for Dr. Philip Teng
A memorial service for Dr. Philip Teng, professor emeritus and founding director of the Chinese Studies program at Alliance Theological Seminary will be held at Ridgeway Alliance Church, 465 Ridgeway, White Plains, New York on Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 10 a.m.
As a trailblazer in seminary education for Chinese students, Dr. Teng recognized a need for trained pastors to minister to the significant influx of Chinese immigrants from different parts of Asia to North America. The ATS program was established in 1987 and designed so that for three-fourths of curriculum, the Chinese students attend the same classes with Anglo (or Caucasian) students, as well as with international students from Africa, Middle East, Latin America and South East Asia. For the remaining quarter of the curriculum, Chinese students are in a primarily homogenous class in courses designed for ministry to the Chinese churches in North America.
Flowers may be sent to Ridgeway Alliance Church from Wednesday, January 22 through Friday, January 24 between 9 am and 5 pm and on Saturday, January 25 between 9 am and 10 am before the start of the memorial service.
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Browse Blog Archive>>