Ridgeway Alliance Church Holds Memorial for Dr. Philip Teng
A memorial service for Dr. Philip Teng, professor emeritus and founding director of the Chinese Studies program at Alliance Theological Seminary will be held at Ridgeway Alliance Church, 465 Ridgeway, White Plains, New York on Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 10 a.m.
As a trailblazer in seminary education for Chinese students, Dr. Teng recognized a need for trained pastors to minister to the significant influx of Chinese immigrants from different parts of Asia to North America. The ATS program was established in 1987 and designed so that for three-fourths of curriculum, the Chinese students attend the same classes with Anglo (or Caucasian) students, as well as with international students from Africa, Middle East, Latin America and South East Asia. For the remaining quarter of the curriculum, Chinese students are in a primarily homogenous class in courses designed for ministry to the Chinese churches in North America.
Flowers may be sent to Ridgeway Alliance Church from Wednesday, January 22 through Friday, January 24 between 9 am and 5 pm and on Saturday, January 25 between 9 am and 10 am before the start of the memorial service.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>