ATS Professor Receives Distinguished Service Award
Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) and the ATS Alumni Association presented Dr. Bill Crockett (above left) with the Distinguished Service Award today at a special alumni chapel held on the Rockland County campus.
ATS Dean Dr. Ronald Walborn shared the following comments about Dr. Crockett with the audience of current students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
Saskatchewan, Canada native Dr. Bill Crockett has been affiliated with Alliance Theological Seminary since 1980, first as an adjunct professor before joining the faculty full-time.
He earned an undergraduate degree in philosophy in 1970 from the University of Winnipeg, in Canada; an M.Div. in New Testament from Princeton Theological Seminary in 1975 and a Ph.D. in New Testament 1975 from the University of Glasgow, Scotland.
Bill is a published author whose books include Four Views on Hell, now in its twenty-fifth printing; Through No Fault of Their Own: The Fate of Those Who Have Never Heard (edited with J. Sigountos); and numerous articles in Alliance Life Magazine, Decision, Christian Herald and the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society. He also published two novels, Worlds Apart and A Celt in Rome, set in the second century Roman Empire.
His devotion to the printed word is evident in the way he has been instrumental in building the ATS library. He chaired our Library Committee for many years and secured donors to support development of our library as well.
A former pastor of Riverhead Alliance in Long Island and an associate pastor of Hitchcock Presbyterian Church in Scarsdale, NY, Bill Crockett’s academic and career accomplishments are impressive, but the true measure of this man is the lasting impact he has had on the lives he’s touched in the seminary community.
One colleague said, “I can tell you that he is available to his students 24/7. He gives them his personal cell phone number so that they can always reach him. I have heard over and over again from students that they LOVE his classes. I think it’s a combination of his humor, his knowledge, and the way he imparts it and the fact that they know he really cares about them.”
Another says, “Bill Crockett is simply a quiet lover of God, passionate, thoughtful, and wonderfully honest about his faith and his witness. Character-wise, he is the backbone of ATS. He keeps the rest of us standing straight.”
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement at the Westchester County Center
- Meet Nyack's 2016 Valedictorians!
- Battery Park Campus Now Owned by Nyack College
- A Celebration of Pentecost at Bedford Community Church
- TONIGHT: Dr. David Ireland, Rockland County Day of Prayer Keynote Speaker
- Just Released! The Fine Print 2016
- Celebrating Nyack Honor Society Students
- Last Weekend Performances of Mozart's "The Magic Flute"
- West Side Story in Lower Manhattan
- Nyack Doing Community Well: Loving Our Neighbor
- Nyack's Inaugural Social Work Graduate Research Colloquium
- PRAXIS Connections Dinner for Emerging Leaders at Nyack NYC
- How Was Your Weekend?
- Criminal Justice Department Speaker: Mr. Anthony DeWolfe
- 2016 Spring Production: The Merchant of Venice
- CSGE Colloquium Features Matt Hartl
- Nyack Rockland School of Music's Spring Concert
- Nyack Alumna Leads California Elementary School With Innovative STEM Program
- Winners of the 2016 Student Research Conference
- Effective Sales Strategy Workshop at Nyack NYC
- Join 1st Century Village Excavation in Israel With Nyack
- Criminal Justice Department Hosts Career Talk with Mike and Joanne Pelino
- Nyack NYC Chorale in Greater Allen A.M.E Cathedral Concert
- Entrepreneur Sabrina HoSang Is Plenary Speaker for Nyack's Student Research Conference
- Prof. Craig Williams in Concert on Renaissance Chapel Organ
- Browse Blog Archive>>