ATS Professor Receives Distinguished Service Award
Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) and the ATS Alumni Association presented Dr. Bill Crockett (above left) with the Distinguished Service Award today at a special alumni chapel held on the Rockland County campus.
ATS Dean Dr. Ronald Walborn shared the following comments about Dr. Crockett with the audience of current students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
Saskatchewan, Canada native Dr. Bill Crockett has been affiliated with Alliance Theological Seminary since 1980, first as an adjunct professor before joining the faculty full-time.
He earned an undergraduate degree in philosophy in 1970 from the University of Winnipeg, in Canada; an M.Div. in New Testament from Princeton Theological Seminary in 1975 and a Ph.D. in New Testament 1975 from the University of Glasgow, Scotland.
Bill is a published author whose books include Four Views on Hell, now in its twenty-fifth printing; Through No Fault of Their Own: The Fate of Those Who Have Never Heard (edited with J. Sigountos); and numerous articles in Alliance Life Magazine, Decision, Christian Herald and the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society. He also published two novels, Worlds Apart and A Celt in Rome, set in the second century Roman Empire.
His devotion to the printed word is evident in the way he has been instrumental in building the ATS library. He chaired our Library Committee for many years and secured donors to support development of our library as well.
A former pastor of Riverhead Alliance in Long Island and an associate pastor of Hitchcock Presbyterian Church in Scarsdale, NY, Bill Crockett’s academic and career accomplishments are impressive, but the true measure of this man is the lasting impact he has had on the lives he’s touched in the seminary community.
One colleague said, “I can tell you that he is available to his students 24/7. He gives them his personal cell phone number so that they can always reach him. I have heard over and over again from students that they LOVE his classes. I think it’s a combination of his humor, his knowledge, and the way he imparts it and the fact that they know he really cares about them.”
Another says, “Bill Crockett is simply a quiet lover of God, passionate, thoughtful, and wonderfully honest about his faith and his witness. Character-wise, he is the backbone of ATS. He keeps the rest of us standing straight.”
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Browse Blog Archive>>