School of Nursing Receives CCNE Accreditation
This past spring Nyack College's Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing was visited by the Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education Evaluation Team (CCNE) .
The team’s exit interview concluded that the School of Nursing is in compliance with all four of the standards for nursing program accreditation and each of the key elements of each of these standards.
Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president of academic affairs made the following announcement today:
“A hearty congratulations to Dean Elizabeth Simon and all the faculty, staff, and students of the School of Nursing upon the granting of final accreditation by the Board of Commissioners of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) on October 10-12, 2013. Nyack is indeed blessed to have a program of this quality and to have such excellent faculty and staff in the School of Nursing.”
Equally proud of the tireless work of his faculty and staff, President Michael G. Scales commented, "Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing has become a significant part of Nyack College in a surprisingly short time. This accreditation is a not only a momentous achievement for our Nursing program, it is also a major milestone in the development of this great institution. We are understandably proud. More importantly, we are thankful for all those who invested, developed, supported and now operate this program that will have such a crucial role in our global community."
For more information about Nyack’s School of Nursing, click here.
- Friday, Jan. 30: Andrew Palau at Nyack College Rockland
- February 9: Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>