School of Nursing Receives CCNE Accreditation
This past spring Nyack College's Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing was visited by the Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education Evaluation Team (CCNE) .
The team’s exit interview concluded that the School of Nursing is in compliance with all four of the standards for nursing program accreditation and each of the key elements of each of these standards.
Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president of academic affairs made the following announcement today:
“A hearty congratulations to Dean Elizabeth Simon and all the faculty, staff, and students of the School of Nursing upon the granting of final accreditation by the Board of Commissioners of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) on October 10-12, 2013. Nyack is indeed blessed to have a program of this quality and to have such excellent faculty and staff in the School of Nursing.”
Equally proud of the tireless work of his faculty and staff, President Michael G. Scales commented, "Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing has become a significant part of Nyack College in a surprisingly short time. This accreditation is a not only a momentous achievement for our Nursing program, it is also a major milestone in the development of this great institution. We are understandably proud. More importantly, we are thankful for all those who invested, developed, supported and now operate this program that will have such a crucial role in our global community."
For more information about Nyack’s School of Nursing, click here.
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- October 31: Next Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Browse Blog Archive>>