School of Nursing Receives CCNE Accreditation
This past spring Nyack College's Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing was visited by the Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education Evaluation Team (CCNE) .
The team’s exit interview concluded that the School of Nursing is in compliance with all four of the standards for nursing program accreditation and each of the key elements of each of these standards.
Dr. David Turk, provost and vice president of academic affairs made the following announcement today:
“A hearty congratulations to Dean Elizabeth Simon and all the faculty, staff, and students of the School of Nursing upon the granting of final accreditation by the Board of Commissioners of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) on October 10-12, 2013. Nyack is indeed blessed to have a program of this quality and to have such excellent faculty and staff in the School of Nursing.”
Equally proud of the tireless work of his faculty and staff, President Michael G. Scales commented, "Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing has become a significant part of Nyack College in a surprisingly short time. This accreditation is a not only a momentous achievement for our Nursing program, it is also a major milestone in the development of this great institution. We are understandably proud. More importantly, we are thankful for all those who invested, developed, supported and now operate this program that will have such a crucial role in our global community."
For more information about Nyack’s School of Nursing, click here.
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>