Fall Colloquium Series at Nyack New York City
The Nyack College Fall Colloquium Series in Manhattan, “Faith and Society,” featured Dr. Fernando Arzola, Jr., dean of Nyack's College of Arts and Sciences and senior pastor of The First Reformed Church of Nyack in downtown Nyack, NY.
Dr. Arzola launched the series entitled, “The Relevance of Faith in Society and addressed the questions, "Is culture good or bad? Should Christians embrace it or reject it? How do one’s cultural assumptions color a Christian’s perspective of theological and social engagement?”
Using H. Richard Niebuhr’s classic text, Christ and Culture, Dr. Arzola examined Niebuhr’s typology regarding the historical Christian response to culture and use it as a foundation for an engaged-dialogue with the audience in order to 1) explore the breath of cultural perspectives and presuppositions and 2) to consider (or reconsider) how one might engage faith with society."
The event was sponsored by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, the Nyack New York City Office of Student Development, and the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>