Fall Colloquium Series at Nyack New York City
The Nyack College Fall Colloquium Series in Manhattan, “Faith and Society,” featured Dr. Fernando Arzola, Jr., dean of Nyack's College of Arts and Sciences and senior pastor of The First Reformed Church of Nyack in downtown Nyack, NY.
Dr. Arzola launched the series entitled, “The Relevance of Faith in Society and addressed the questions, "Is culture good or bad? Should Christians embrace it or reject it? How do one’s cultural assumptions color a Christian’s perspective of theological and social engagement?”
Using H. Richard Niebuhr’s classic text, Christ and Culture, Dr. Arzola examined Niebuhr’s typology regarding the historical Christian response to culture and use it as a foundation for an engaged-dialogue with the audience in order to 1) explore the breath of cultural perspectives and presuppositions and 2) to consider (or reconsider) how one might engage faith with society."
The event was sponsored by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, the Nyack New York City Office of Student Development, and the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Monday, October 20: Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Hosts Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Browse Blog Archive>>