Fall Colloquium Series at Nyack New York City
The Nyack College Fall Colloquium Series in Manhattan, “Faith and Society,” featured Dr. Fernando Arzola, Jr., dean of Nyack's College of Arts and Sciences and senior pastor of The First Reformed Church of Nyack in downtown Nyack, NY.
Dr. Arzola launched the series entitled, “The Relevance of Faith in Society and addressed the questions, "Is culture good or bad? Should Christians embrace it or reject it? How do one’s cultural assumptions color a Christian’s perspective of theological and social engagement?”
Using H. Richard Niebuhr’s classic text, Christ and Culture, Dr. Arzola examined Niebuhr’s typology regarding the historical Christian response to culture and use it as a foundation for an engaged-dialogue with the audience in order to 1) explore the breath of cultural perspectives and presuppositions and 2) to consider (or reconsider) how one might engage faith with society."
The event was sponsored by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, the Nyack New York City Office of Student Development, and the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Vote and Send Isamar Lopez to "The Voice!
- The Amasi Trio Concert
- Emerging Technology Students Showcased in Spring Show
- Rockland Chapter of Alpha Chi National Honor Society Adds Nyack College Students
- Nyack/ATS Commencement Ceremony Will Be Streamed Live at www.nyack.edu
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Browse Blog Archive>>