Brooklyn Tabernacle Service Blankets Nyack/ATS With Prayer
Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) was ushered into its 2013-2014 academic year covered with prayer during a service last night at Brooklyn Tabernacle in downtown Brooklyn at the invitation of the non-denominational congregation’s leadership.
In the absence of Senior Pastor Jim Cymbala, Associate Pastor Tim Dilena, led a power-packed gathering. While the customary worship and corporate prayer for the needs of people in their congregation and from across the nation remained a central focus, the compassion and care for the work of Nyack/ATS under the leadership of President Michael Scales was evident in this prayer service.
It was an unforgettably poignant moment when Pastor Dilena singled out Rev. Charles Hammond, an associate pastor at Brooklyn Tabernacle and also the associate dean of students at Nyack's New York City campus, to recognize the work he has diligently carried out at the church and at the college. He then called President Scales, along with Manhattan and Rockland campus administrators, faculty, and staff from their seats to the altar where Brooklyn Tab church workers literally stood with each man and woman. An inspired prayer was led by 2008 ATS alumnus and a pastoral team member at the church, Alexander Burgos, for the success of the new academic year, the financial and academic needs of the students, the skills and contributions of faculty and staff, resources for the institution, and the wisdom necessary for the success of the new Battery Park campus.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>