Brooklyn Tabernacle Service Blankets Nyack/ATS With Prayer
Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) was ushered into its 2013-2014 academic year covered with prayer during a service last night at Brooklyn Tabernacle in downtown Brooklyn at the invitation of the non-denominational congregation’s leadership.
In the absence of Senior Pastor Jim Cymbala, Associate Pastor Tim Dilena, led a power-packed gathering. While the customary worship and corporate prayer for the needs of people in their congregation and from across the nation remained a central focus, the compassion and care for the work of Nyack/ATS under the leadership of President Michael Scales was evident in this prayer service.
It was an unforgettably poignant moment when Pastor Dilena singled out Rev. Charles Hammond, an associate pastor at Brooklyn Tabernacle and also the associate dean of students at Nyack's New York City campus, to recognize the work he has diligently carried out at the church and at the college. He then called President Scales, along with Manhattan and Rockland campus administrators, faculty, and staff from their seats to the altar where Brooklyn Tab church workers literally stood with each man and woman. An inspired prayer was led by 2008 ATS alumnus and a pastoral team member at the church, Alexander Burgos, for the success of the new academic year, the financial and academic needs of the students, the skills and contributions of faculty and staff, resources for the institution, and the wisdom necessary for the success of the new Battery Park campus.
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>