Brooklyn Tabernacle Service Blankets Nyack/ATS With Prayer
Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) was ushered into its 2013-2014 academic year covered with prayer during a service last night at Brooklyn Tabernacle in downtown Brooklyn at the invitation of the non-denominational congregation’s leadership.
In the absence of Senior Pastor Jim Cymbala, Associate Pastor Tim Dilena, led a power-packed gathering. While the customary worship and corporate prayer for the needs of people in their congregation and from across the nation remained a central focus, the compassion and care for the work of Nyack/ATS under the leadership of President Michael Scales was evident in this prayer service.
It was an unforgettably poignant moment when Pastor Dilena singled out Rev. Charles Hammond, an associate pastor at Brooklyn Tabernacle and also the associate dean of students at Nyack's New York City campus, to recognize the work he has diligently carried out at the church and at the college. He then called President Scales, along with Manhattan and Rockland campus administrators, faculty, and staff from their seats to the altar where Brooklyn Tab church workers literally stood with each man and woman. An inspired prayer was led by 2008 ATS alumnus and a pastoral team member at the church, Alexander Burgos, for the success of the new academic year, the financial and academic needs of the students, the skills and contributions of faculty and staff, resources for the institution, and the wisdom necessary for the success of the new Battery Park campus.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>