RELEASE: Third Year for Nyack College on "Great College to Work For" List
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 22, 2013
Nyack College Named a 2013 Great College to Work For
by The Chronicle of Higher Education
Employees give high marks to the 131-year-old higher education pacesetter
Nyack, NY—Nyack College has been named a “2013 Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, for the third consecutive year. This year Honor Roll distinction is added to the recognition because of high marks in most of the twelve categories rated. In the Chronicle’s sixth annual report, The Academic Workplace, Nyack College is a higher education leader in the areas of compensation & benefits, job satisfaction, work/life balance, confidence in senior leadership, supervisor/department chair relationship, and respect and appreciation.
Senior leadership at Nyack has established and articulated a culture of valuing and celebrating employees. During the annual academic year-end awards and appreciation luncheon, President Michael G. Scales reassured faculty and staff of the important role they play in the life of the institution and in the lives of the more than 3,400 students enrolled in the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs. “At Nyack College, everybody is somebody,” he said, “and our commitment to an egalitarian environment makes Nyack College a great place to work.”
School of Business and Leadership Professor James Muckell, Sr., the 2013 faculty winner of Nyack’s Commitment to Mission award presented at the luncheon, commented “I have enjoyed the privilege of teaching at Nyack College since 1987. It is indeed a great place to work. I have academic freedom, the liberty to express my Christian beliefs, the satisfaction of positively influencing young lives desiring to raise families and impact the workplace, and the honor of working with congenial men and women of esteem from various professional and ethnic backgrounds.”
According to Director of Human Resources Karen Davie, Nyack’s generous benefits package includes “100% college-paid medical insurance for employees and their families, tuition benefits for employees and their families, summer research grants for faculty, and special events that bring faculty and staff from the two New York campuses together.”
This spring the Manhattan campus, where nearly 1,400 students are enrolled, relocated to historic Battery Park to occupy nearly 170,000 square feet in a modern structure, double the space of its previous facility. Nyack College New York City is surrounded by landmarks such as the Statue of Liberty, the 9/11 Memorial and Reflecting Pool, the New York Stock Exchange, and Ellis Island. “Being in the financial hub of this Gateway City will help us reach our goal of becoming a world class institution of higher education,” said President Scales.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves more than 3,400 students in its undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs. In addition to its suburban campus in Nyack, NY and a city campus in Manhattan’s historic Battery Park, an extension site is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Remembering Dr. Rexford Boda, President Emeritus (1933-2017)
- Dr. Marie White Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- Summertime Prayer
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Browse Blog Archive>>