RELEASE: NYACK COLLEGE/ATS COMMENCEMENT 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NYACK COLLEGE/ATS CELEBRATES ITS 130TH COMMENCEMENT
Honorary Degree Recipients Are Leaders in Film, Business, and Ministry
NYACK, NY— On Saturday, May 11 at 2:00 p.m., Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary will hold commencement exercises for nearly 700 graduates at the Westchester County Center located at 198 Central Avenue in White Plains, NY.
Three honorary degrees will be awarded and the recipients will also be inducted into the President’s Hall of Distinction, a Nyack College tradition that recognizes men and women of exceptional accomplishment, who embody Nyack’s core values of being academically excellent, globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming, and socially relevant. The Hall of Distinction induction ceremony takes place at the Tarrytown House Estate also in Westchester County prior to graduation.
The Doctor of Letters will be presented to Graham Power, founder and chairman of one of South Africa’s leading companies in the field of civil engineering construction, the Power Group of Companies. He is also the visionary leader behind the Global Day of Prayer. The Doctor of Letters will also be given to Micheal Flaherty, president and co-founder of Walden Media, producer of films such as The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe; Prince Caspian; Charlotte’s Web; and Bridge to Terabithia. The third recipient, Rev. Thai Phuoc Truong, president of the Evangelical Church of Vietnam (ECV), will receive the Doctor of Divinity. In June 2011, the EVC celebrated 100 years of ministry, beginning with the first Christian and Missionary Alliance outreach to Vietnam. In 1911, three Alliance international workers, led by Robert A. Jaffray, an alumnus of the Missionary Training Institute, precursor of Nyack College, went to Vietnam to establish the first evangelical church.
This year’s commencement will also include the first graduating class of Nyack’s Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing, who will receive the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. The School of Music will celebrate the Rockland campus program’s 75th anniversary.
In the week leading up to commencement day, hooding ceremonies for graduate level divisions, baccalaureate services for undergraduates, and the first pinning and dedication ceremony for graduating nurses will be held at various locations for the Rockland and Manhattan campus graduates.
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- OCT 17: Fall Fishing
- October 17: Homecoming Block Party!
- Woman: A Rite of Passage Initiation Ceremony Held
- Dr. Mark Nanos Welcomed to Nyack NYC for AJCO Colloquia Series
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker Coming October 13
- A HOMECOMING HIT! The Running Warrior 3K Walk & 5K Road Race
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- NYC Campus Library Gets a New Name
- The Names by Billy Collins
- ATS Alumnus/Author Dimas Salaberrios, a Fox & Friends Guest
- Homecoming 2015: Nyack Alumni, Prepare to Dine!
- The Loss of AGSC Colleague, Dr. James Chin
- Forum on Restorative Justice Features Nyack Professor
- Math Prof Conducts Research at Seoul International Christian Academy in Korea
- Inspiration for a New Academic Year at Nyack/ATS
- School of Music: Trading Textbooks for iPads
- Peter Rohdin: Responding to God's Call
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Browse Blog Archive>>