CCNE Visits Nyack Rockland Nursing School
Nyack College's very first graduating class of its Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing at Shuman Hall in Rockland County while awaiting news from a Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education Evaluation Team (CCNE) visiting the campus today.
Dr. David F. Turk, Nyack College Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs shared the results of the their visit.
"The Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education Evaluation Team gave their exit interview to the college administration and nursing faculty and staff today (April 17). Their report to the Nyack community noted that the College is in compliance with all four of the standards for nursing program accreditation and each of the key elements of each of these standards."
Dr. Turk continued, "This was truly an affirmation of the strength of Nyack's new Bachelor of Science Nursing program. Much gratitude is owed to Dean Simon and all the School of Nursing faculty, staff, and students for their dedicated work to build this exceptional program and present it so well to the Evaluation Team. The Evaluation Team will submit their report to the Commission which will vote on accreditation early this summer."
The CCNE is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accreditation agency, which contributes to the improvement of the public's health. CCNE ensures the quality and integrity of baccalaureate, graduate, and residency programs in nursing.
Congratulations to all involved in this exciting new chapter of the Nyack story!
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>