Winners of Student Research Conference Poster Session
“Facing the Future Together,” was the theme of the Second Annual Nyack College Student Research Conference sponsored by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE), the Nyack College Honors Program, and the Nyack College Department of Biology and Chemistry. The daylong event was held on the Rockland County campus in Bowman Gymnasium last month.
Some 100 students will participate in a poster session. Their research topics include, Effects of Air Pollution on Cardiovascular Health, Impacting Student's Cognitive Performance, Exploring the Correlations Between Blood Type, Diet and Nutrition, AIDS, Obesity, Biological and Ethical Implications of Down's Syndrome, The Need to Fit in: A Study on Conformity, Gender and Movie Preferences, Phage Therapy and Moral Evolution: The Roles of Age and Gender on Morality.
First prize winners of the poster session were Nyack Honors Program students Katie O'Sullivan, Tina Battistella, Rachel Kunker, and Rebekah Williams (pictured above l-r).
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>