Winners of Student Research Conference Poster Session
“Facing the Future Together,” was the theme of the Second Annual Nyack College Student Research Conference sponsored by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE), the Nyack College Honors Program, and the Nyack College Department of Biology and Chemistry. The daylong event was held on the Rockland County campus in Bowman Gymnasium last month.
Some 100 students will participate in a poster session. Their research topics include, Effects of Air Pollution on Cardiovascular Health, Impacting Student's Cognitive Performance, Exploring the Correlations Between Blood Type, Diet and Nutrition, AIDS, Obesity, Biological and Ethical Implications of Down's Syndrome, The Need to Fit in: A Study on Conformity, Gender and Movie Preferences, Phage Therapy and Moral Evolution: The Roles of Age and Gender on Morality.
First prize winners of the poster session were Nyack Honors Program students Katie O'Sullivan, Tina Battistella, Rachel Kunker, and Rebekah Williams (pictured above l-r).
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>