Dr. Nina Balmaceda, a Featured Plenary Speaker in Brazil and Peru
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda, Nyack College associate professor of political science and director of the Center for Christian Scholarship and Global Engagement, was a plenary speaker and panelist at a recent National Christian Lawyers Congress in Brazil. Her presentations focused on the function of law, public policy, and culture in the challenges of human rights, the defense of life, and the development of more peaceful and just societies in Latin America.
Dr. Balmaceda also was a plenary speaker at the Forum on Rights of Children with Disabilities organized by the National Program for Family Wellbeing (INABIF), which took place at the Peruvian Congress in February. The responders to her presentation were Peruvian Congressman Jhon Reynaga, president of the Congressional Committee on Inclusion of People with Disabilities; Ms. Nancy Tolentino, INABIF executive director; Mr. Wilfredo Guzmán, president of the Peruvian Council for the Rights of People with Disabilities; and Mr. Alfredo Alfaro, director of the Development of Vulnerable Populations Office of the Peruvian Government.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>