Rockland County Nurse Recognition Day at Nyack
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NYACK COLLEGE HOSTS 31st ANNUAL
ROCKLAND COUNTY NURSE RECOGNITION DAY
NYACK, NY--Nyack College will host the 2013 Rockland County Nurse Recognition Day on Wednesday, May 15 from noon until 3:00 pm in Bowman Gym on the Rockland campus in Nyack, NY. This year’s theme is “Nursing: Advancing the Profession through Education.” Nurse Recognition Day is a part of the National Nurse Recognition Week, which is held every year to raise public awareness of the value and significance of nursing. Nurse Recognition Week is celebrated May 6-12 nationwide, helps educate communities about the vital role that the nation's 2.9 million nurses play. From bedside nursing in hospitals and long-term care facilities to the halls of research institutions, state legislatures, and Congress, the depth and breadth of the nursing profession is meeting the expanding health care needs of American society.
The Rockland County Nurse Recognition Committee will present awards for "Excellence in Practice" at the Recognition Day program.
The Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing at Nyack College, where Dr. Elizabeth Simon is the dean, offers the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. All Nyack College majors are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and its curriculum is registered with the New York State Education Department.
- NOV 20: First of 3 Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>