Health Care Ethics Conference at Nyack Rockland
The Nyack College Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing and the Nyack Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement will co-host Nyack's first ever Health Care Ethics Conference on Thursday, March 14 on the Rockland County campus, 1 South Boulevard in Nyack in Bowman Gymnasium, beginning at 2:00 p.m. with poster presentations by Nyack nursing students. Monetary prizes of $500, $300, and $100 will be awarded to the top three presentations.
A plenary session begins at 3:30 p.m. featuring Dr. Farr Curlin, co-director of the program on Medicine & Religion, and Associate Faculty of the MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics at the University of Chicago. His keynote address is entitled, "The Heart of Medical Ethics: Profession, Conscience, and Vocation."
Dr. Curlin is a hospice and palliative care physician, researcher, and medical ethicist. His research areas are physician's moral and professional formation, the ends of medicine and the moral dimensions of medical practice, clinical decision-making, and the doctor-patient relationship, as well as with moral formation in medical education. He lectures widely about religion, conscience, and the moral and spiritual dimensions of the practice of medicine.
For information on the nursing conference, please contact the School of Nursing at 845.675.4681.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>