National Recognition for Nyack's Early Childhood Ed Programs
School of Education Dean JoAnn Looney announced that accreditation from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) has been extended through 2018. The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) awarded national recognition to Nyack’s Early Childhood programs.
Dr. Looney credits Nyack’s Early Childhood Education program Chair Dr. Sherry Jarrett, and Director of Assessment Prof. Kristen Luba with a job well done.
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), founded in 1926, is the world's largest advocacy group working on behalf of young children. The mission of the NAEYC has three main goals:
• Improving professional practice and working conditions in early childhood education.
• Supporting early childhood programs by working to achieve a high-quality system of early childhood education.
• Building a high-performing, inclusive organization of groups and individuals who are committed to promoting excellence in early childhood education for all young children.
The campus community celebrates with the School of Education on this latest accomplishment.
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Browse Blog Archive>>