National Recognition for Nyack's Early Childhood Ed Programs
School of Education Dean JoAnn Looney announced that accreditation from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) has been extended through 2018. The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) awarded national recognition to Nyack’s Early Childhood programs.
Dr. Looney credits Nyack’s Early Childhood Education program Chair Dr. Sherry Jarrett, and Director of Assessment Prof. Kristen Luba with a job well done.
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), founded in 1926, is the world's largest advocacy group working on behalf of young children. The mission of the NAEYC has three main goals:
• Improving professional practice and working conditions in early childhood education.
• Supporting early childhood programs by working to achieve a high-quality system of early childhood education.
• Building a high-performing, inclusive organization of groups and individuals who are committed to promoting excellence in early childhood education for all young children.
The campus community celebrates with the School of Education on this latest accomplishment.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Browse Blog Archive>>