Nyack College Reaches Out After the Storm
Nyack College students have gone into the Tri-State New York area to volunteer on post-Hurricane Sandy cleanup and delivery of supplies supervised by faculty and staff.
One student group, Hands of Compassion, traveled with the New Life Community Health Center (www.nlchc.org) in Elmhurst, NY to take supplies to residents of Rockaway Beach.
Intercultural Studies Professor Scott Reitz took a crew of intercultural studies, business, education, and nursing students with him to volunteer in New Jersey with Samaritan's Purse. The Boone, NC-based organization, headed by Franklin Graham, sent volunteers to Atlantic, Bergen, and Ocean Counties in New Jersey and to Nassau County in New York.
Nyack’s Hands of Compassion, LoSTANDfound, and Students Against Hunger have scheduled other outreach effort.
Please continue to pray for people who are still suffering as a result of the storm and for the volunteers and other respondents who are attempting to serve them.
- SEPTEMBER 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>