Nyack College Reaches Out After the Storm
Nyack College students have gone into the Tri-State New York area to volunteer on post-Hurricane Sandy cleanup and delivery of supplies supervised by faculty and staff.
One student group, Hands of Compassion, traveled with the New Life Community Health Center (www.nlchc.org) in Elmhurst, NY to take supplies to residents of Rockaway Beach.
Intercultural Studies Professor Scott Reitz took a crew of intercultural studies, business, education, and nursing students with him to volunteer in New Jersey with Samaritan's Purse. The Boone, NC-based organization, headed by Franklin Graham, sent volunteers to Atlantic, Bergen, and Ocean Counties in New Jersey and to Nassau County in New York.
Nyack’s Hands of Compassion, LoSTANDfound, and Students Against Hunger have scheduled other outreach effort.
Please continue to pray for people who are still suffering as a result of the storm and for the volunteers and other respondents who are attempting to serve them.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>