Prof. Darlene Loper Presents on Transmedia Storytelling
Prof. Darlene Loper, communications lecturer at Nyack College, will be the next Colloquium Series speaker sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences. The event will take place on Wednesday, November 14 at 4:00 p.m. in Shuman Hall on the Rockland campus. Prof. Loper will address “Transmedia Storytelling: Convergence of television, mobile devices, and the web.”
Transmedia Storytelling is the act of constructing a story across multiple platforms. Although this term can be considered a new buzzword for marketers, it has challenged the way viewers interact with technology. Prof. Pinkerton will explore how transmedia storytelling has influenced the way we respond to information, develop relationships, and share our stories.
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- TODAY! Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Browse Blog Archive>>