Nyack College Represented at Kristallnacht Commemoration
Nyack College will be represented at a Kristallnacht Commemoration hosted by the Holocaust Museum and Study Center in Spring Valley, NY on Thursday, November 8 at 7:00 p.m. The ceremony will take place at the New City Jewish Center located at 47 Schoolhouse Road in New City.
Ms. Lisa Stenchever, education director at the Museum and Study Center invited Earl Miller, executive director of community relations at Nyack College to share remarks during the annual event.
Kristallnacht, also known as the Night of Broken Glass, refers to the violent anti-Jewish pogroms which took place on November 9 and 10, 1938, throughout Germany. This Nazi attack destroyed 7,000 Jewish businesses, burned more than 900 synagogues, and killed nearly 100 Jews and deported thousands of 30,000 Jewish men to concentration camps.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>