Leadership Rockland 2012 Multicultural Day
Earl Miller, Nyack College executive director of community relations, (pictured above) has announced the agenda for the 2012 Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day scheduled for Thursday, November 15 from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Leadership Rockland is a 10-month professional development program with a mission to “identify, inform, and inspire leaders to better serve by increasing their awareness of the many facets of Rockland County.”
Mr. Miller, an alumnus of the program, has coordinated Leadership Rockland segments on diversity for several years held on the Nyack Rockland campus.
This year’s itinerary begins at Nyack’s Shuman Hall with a panel discussion featuring Dr. Anita Underwood, dean of Nyack’s School of Business and Leadership; Nyack Professor Miguel Sanchez; and Dr. David Lucander of SUNY Rockland Community College.
Other travel and tour stops include Hyenga Lake Housing and the Rockland County Administration Building. When the cohort returns to Nyack College, roundtable discussions will be held with elected officials—the Honorable Christopher St. Lawrence, Town of Ramapo; the Honorable Tony Earle, County legislator; Mayor Jen White, Village of Nyack; and Mayor Michael Kohut, Village of Haverstraw. The group will address, “The Joys and Challenges of Governing the Multicultural Community.”
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Browse Blog Archive>>