Leadership Rockland 2012 Multicultural Day
Earl Miller, Nyack College executive director of community relations, (pictured above) has announced the agenda for the 2012 Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day scheduled for Thursday, November 15 from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Leadership Rockland is a 10-month professional development program with a mission to “identify, inform, and inspire leaders to better serve by increasing their awareness of the many facets of Rockland County.”
Mr. Miller, an alumnus of the program, has coordinated Leadership Rockland segments on diversity for several years held on the Nyack Rockland campus.
This year’s itinerary begins at Nyack’s Shuman Hall with a panel discussion featuring Dr. Anita Underwood, dean of Nyack’s School of Business and Leadership; Nyack Professor Miguel Sanchez; and Dr. David Lucander of SUNY Rockland Community College.
Other travel and tour stops include Hyenga Lake Housing and the Rockland County Administration Building. When the cohort returns to Nyack College, roundtable discussions will be held with elected officials—the Honorable Christopher St. Lawrence, Town of Ramapo; the Honorable Tony Earle, County legislator; Mayor Jen White, Village of Nyack; and Mayor Michael Kohut, Village of Haverstraw. The group will address, “The Joys and Challenges of Governing the Multicultural Community.”
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Browse Blog Archive>>