Classes Resume at Nyack and NYC Campuses
Both Nyack Rockland and Nyack NYC campuses resumed classes today after a week long shutdown caused by Hurricane Sandy’s assault on the Tri-State New York area.
Recounting the storm's devastation, President Michael G. Scales recalled the scene at the residential campus in Nyack, NY: “Massive power outages required the use of generators as a backup source of power without certainty of when power will be fully restored. Building damage is still being assessed. Wood from dozens of downed trees sits in piles on the Hillside, while some still lean on buildings or are scattered across campus.”
But today at a chapel service (pictured above), students gathered in Bowman Gym to praise God in spite of the campus blight that also visited the Manhattan campus where loss of subway and bus transportation hampered travel in the City and power outages froze activity last week.
Today the campus rejoiced for being able to regain some level of normal functionality.
Prayers continue for those still impacted by the loss of power and heat and for those braving the long lines at gas stations hoping to get fuel for their cars or generators.
For details on the storm's impact, see the homepage feature at www.nyack.edu.
- OCT 18: Amasi Trio in Concert
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Browse Blog Archive>>