Classes Resume at Nyack and NYC Campuses
Both Nyack Rockland and Nyack NYC campuses resumed classes today after a week long shutdown caused by Hurricane Sandy’s assault on the Tri-State New York area.
Recounting the storm's devastation, President Michael G. Scales recalled the scene at the residential campus in Nyack, NY: “Massive power outages required the use of generators as a backup source of power without certainty of when power will be fully restored. Building damage is still being assessed. Wood from dozens of downed trees sits in piles on the Hillside, while some still lean on buildings or are scattered across campus.”
But today at a chapel service (pictured above), students gathered in Bowman Gym to praise God in spite of the campus blight that also visited the Manhattan campus where loss of subway and bus transportation hampered travel in the City and power outages froze activity last week.
Today the campus rejoiced for being able to regain some level of normal functionality.
Prayers continue for those still impacted by the loss of power and heat and for those braving the long lines at gas stations hoping to get fuel for their cars or generators.
For details on the storm's impact, see the homepage feature at www.nyack.edu.
- FEB 21: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>