A Mission on Market Street
School of Music students from the Rockland County campus brought joy to the downtrodden when they paid a visit to The Market Street Mission in Morristown, New Jersey earlier this week. The Mission, an organization that ministers to the needy people in Morris County by meeting physical needs with food, shelter, clothing, and other necessities, and their emotional and spiritual needs with guidance and life change programs.
The event was directed by music professor, Dr. Marie Kenote. Students who participated were Luis Diaz, Andrea Rivera, Bryan Just, and Amanda Wetzel (flutists); Abbey Taylor, Andrew Vang, Grace Su, and Jamal Sarikoki (pianists); and Hannah Miele, Danny Rodriguez, Chloe Nevill, Thomas Shaffer, Hannah Linowski, Qian Ye and Ruth Kenote (vocalists).
Outreach such as this musical performance touched the students as well as their audience. One student performer commented: “The Lord moved in Morristown, NJ this evening! To see these men worship so hard, was a sight! I have not played like I played tonight in so long. God is soooo good! I was brought to tears this evening."
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>