Assemblywoman Jaffee Hosts Community Leaders Brunch at Nyack College
Assemblywoman Ellen C. Jaffee hosted an intimate gathering of community leaders on Saturday, October 20, 10:00 a.m. at Nyack College. The event held in President’s Hall (Shuman Hall) located at 186 South Highland Ave. on Nyack's Rockland campus provided a platform for a dialogue on a wide range of topics on youth and communities.
Mr. Greg Owens, Director of Special Projects for the New York State Office of Children and Families Services (OCFS) and Ms. Judith Johnson, Interim Superintendent of the Mount Vernon Schools were the guest speakers.
Mr. Owens reviewed state programs and initiatives for youth with a focus on gang violence, mentoring, involvement of fathers, and cultural competency in the foster care system. Mrs. Johnson addressed the poverty gap in educational achievement.
The campus was delighted to welcome the Honorable Congresswoman Nita Lowey (pictured above with Mrs. Jaffee and Earl Miller, Nyack's executive director of community relations) who was joined by nearly 70 Nyack College administrators, faculty, students as well as community leaders from Rockland and Westchester Counties.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>