Assemblywoman Jaffee Hosts Community Leaders Brunch at Nyack College
Assemblywoman Ellen C. Jaffee hosted an intimate gathering of community leaders on Saturday, October 20, 10:00 a.m. at Nyack College. The event held in President’s Hall (Shuman Hall) located at 186 South Highland Ave. on Nyack's Rockland campus provided a platform for a dialogue on a wide range of topics on youth and communities.
Mr. Greg Owens, Director of Special Projects for the New York State Office of Children and Families Services (OCFS) and Ms. Judith Johnson, Interim Superintendent of the Mount Vernon Schools were the guest speakers.
Mr. Owens reviewed state programs and initiatives for youth with a focus on gang violence, mentoring, involvement of fathers, and cultural competency in the foster care system. Mrs. Johnson addressed the poverty gap in educational achievement.
The campus was delighted to welcome the Honorable Congresswoman Nita Lowey (pictured above with Mrs. Jaffee and Earl Miller, Nyack's executive director of community relations) who was joined by nearly 70 Nyack College administrators, faculty, students as well as community leaders from Rockland and Westchester Counties.
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Get Nyack Warrior Gear Online Until September 30
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>