Health Care Association Honors Nyack's Own Donna Duss
Nyack alumna Donna Duss (’72), founder and president of Duss Healthcare Consulting, LLC, was recently awarded The James G. Dunton Distinguished Service Award for Lifetime Achievement by the Virginia Health Care Association.
Mrs. Duss sits on the Board of Directors of Shell Point Retirement Community in Fort Myers, FL, where Dr. Peter Dys is president. Dr. Dys shared that Mrs. Duss was recognized “for her years of leadership, passion for excellence, and for striving for the highest quality of long-term care for seniors in Virginia through her gerontological nursing clinical practice, education, and administration.” She became the first woman to be a member of The Christian and Missionary Alliance Foundation (CMAF) in 1994.
Mrs. Duss is a registered nurse, licensed in several states and has more than thirty years of experience in health care including roles as Director of Staff Development and Director of Nursing in Long-term Care. She has served since 1999 as a consultant and coach to long-term care clients.
Surrounded by her colleagues and her husband Serge, Mrs. Duss celebrated this unexpected acknowledgement with two surprise guests—their sons Matt and Brian, who presented their mother with a bouquet of roses.
President Michael Scales and the Nyack campus community congratulate Mrs. Duss on this well-earned achievement.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Browse Blog Archive>>