Health Care Association Honors Nyack's Own Donna Duss
Nyack alumna Donna Duss (’72), founder and president of Duss Healthcare Consulting, LLC, was recently awarded The James G. Dunton Distinguished Service Award for Lifetime Achievement by the Virginia Health Care Association.
Mrs. Duss sits on the Board of Directors of Shell Point Retirement Community in Fort Myers, FL, where Dr. Peter Dys is president. Dr. Dys shared that Mrs. Duss was recognized “for her years of leadership, passion for excellence, and for striving for the highest quality of long-term care for seniors in Virginia through her gerontological nursing clinical practice, education, and administration.” She became the first woman to be a member of The Christian and Missionary Alliance Foundation (CMAF) in 1994.
Mrs. Duss is a registered nurse, licensed in several states and has more than thirty years of experience in health care including roles as Director of Staff Development and Director of Nursing in Long-term Care. She has served since 1999 as a consultant and coach to long-term care clients.
Surrounded by her colleagues and her husband Serge, Mrs. Duss celebrated this unexpected acknowledgement with two surprise guests—their sons Matt and Brian, who presented their mother with a bouquet of roses.
President Michael Scales and the Nyack campus community congratulate Mrs. Duss on this well-earned achievement.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>