Nyack NYC Campus Screens "Zero Percent"
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) will screen “Zero Percent,” a documentary on college education in Sing Sing Prison on Monday, October 15 at 2:15 p.m. on Nyack's Manhattan campus located at 361 Broadway.
The first-ever college graduating class from Sing Sing received their Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management degrees from Nyack College on October 19, 2001. Nyack played a key role in restoring prison education at the correctional facility when state and federal funding ended.
“Zero Percent” examines the Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison’s program at the maximum security prison and its transformational impact on the lives of the inmates. The title of the documentary comes from the fact that none of Hudson Link’s graduates have been re-incarcerated for new crimes after their release. See the trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfDFf-3laug.
Perhaps the ultimate success story is that of Nyack alumnus, Sean Pica, now Hudson Link’s executive director and a member of that October 2001 graduating class. He and other graduates of the Hudson Link program joined Dr. Nina Balmaceda, director of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement as panelists for a discussion following the film.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>