Nyack NYC Campus Screens "Zero Percent"
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) will screen “Zero Percent,” a documentary on college education in Sing Sing Prison on Monday, October 15 at 2:15 p.m. on Nyack's Manhattan campus located at 361 Broadway.
The first-ever college graduating class from Sing Sing received their Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management degrees from Nyack College on October 19, 2001. Nyack played a key role in restoring prison education at the correctional facility when state and federal funding ended.
“Zero Percent” examines the Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison’s program at the maximum security prison and its transformational impact on the lives of the inmates. The title of the documentary comes from the fact that none of Hudson Link’s graduates have been re-incarcerated for new crimes after their release. See the trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfDFf-3laug.
Perhaps the ultimate success story is that of Nyack alumnus, Sean Pica, now Hudson Link’s executive director and a member of that October 2001 graduating class. He and other graduates of the Hudson Link program joined Dr. Nina Balmaceda, director of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement as panelists for a discussion following the film.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>