Nyack NYC Campus Screens "Zero Percent"
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) will screen “Zero Percent,” a documentary on college education in Sing Sing Prison on Monday, October 15 at 2:15 p.m. on Nyack's Manhattan campus located at 361 Broadway.
The first-ever college graduating class from Sing Sing received their Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management degrees from Nyack College on October 19, 2001. Nyack played a key role in restoring prison education at the correctional facility when state and federal funding ended.
“Zero Percent” examines the Hudson Link for Higher Education in Prison’s program at the maximum security prison and its transformational impact on the lives of the inmates. The title of the documentary comes from the fact that none of Hudson Link’s graduates have been re-incarcerated for new crimes after their release. See the trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfDFf-3laug.
Perhaps the ultimate success story is that of Nyack alumnus, Sean Pica, now Hudson Link’s executive director and a member of that October 2001 graduating class. He and other graduates of the Hudson Link program joined Dr. Nina Balmaceda, director of Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement as panelists for a discussion following the film.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>