WANTED: String Players for November 7 Concert
This year the Combined String Orchestra of students from Nyack College and Sarah Lawrence College are looking for talented string players to perform with them in their upcoming fall concert scheduled for Wednesday, November 7 under the direction of violin virtuoso and Nyack adjunct professor, Sungrai Sohn.
New community players of all ages to are invited to join them. Rehearsals are held in the Music Education Building on Wednesday nights from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The concert, “Romancing the Strings" will feature Tchaikovsky's “Serenade for Strings”, Elgar's “Serenade for Strings,” and Vivaldi's Concerto for Violin and Cello will be held in Pardington Hall on the Nyack College Rockland County campus, 45 South Boulevard in Nyack, NY.
For more information, please call Prof. Sungrai Sohn at (914) 843-6667, or Jennifer Scott, Nyack College School of Music, administrative assistant, at (845) 675-4688.
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>