WANTED: String Players for November 7 Concert
This year the Combined String Orchestra of students from Nyack College and Sarah Lawrence College are looking for talented string players to perform with them in their upcoming fall concert scheduled for Wednesday, November 7 under the direction of violin virtuoso and Nyack adjunct professor, Sungrai Sohn.
New community players of all ages to are invited to join them. Rehearsals are held in the Music Education Building on Wednesday nights from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The concert, “Romancing the Strings" will feature Tchaikovsky's “Serenade for Strings”, Elgar's “Serenade for Strings,” and Vivaldi's Concerto for Violin and Cello will be held in Pardington Hall on the Nyack College Rockland County campus, 45 South Boulevard in Nyack, NY.
For more information, please call Prof. Sungrai Sohn at (914) 843-6667, or Jennifer Scott, Nyack College School of Music, administrative assistant, at (845) 675-4688.
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- Neil Anderson Conference at Nyack Sold Out!
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Congratulations to Our December 2015 Graduates!
- Conference on the Role of Faith in the Practice of Medicine
- Nyack Women's Soccer Team Assists With YMCA Clinics
- Browse Blog Archive>>