WANTED: String Players for November 7 Concert
This year the Combined String Orchestra of students from Nyack College and Sarah Lawrence College are looking for talented string players to perform with them in their upcoming fall concert scheduled for Wednesday, November 7 under the direction of violin virtuoso and Nyack adjunct professor, Sungrai Sohn.
New community players of all ages to are invited to join them. Rehearsals are held in the Music Education Building on Wednesday nights from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The concert, “Romancing the Strings" will feature Tchaikovsky's “Serenade for Strings”, Elgar's “Serenade for Strings,” and Vivaldi's Concerto for Violin and Cello will be held in Pardington Hall on the Nyack College Rockland County campus, 45 South Boulevard in Nyack, NY.
For more information, please call Prof. Sungrai Sohn at (914) 843-6667, or Jennifer Scott, Nyack College School of Music, administrative assistant, at (845) 675-4688.
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>