Nyack NYC Bible Professor Passes Away After Subway Fall
The Nyack campus community mourns the passing of adjunct Bible professor Dr. Jhan Moskowitz, a founding member of the evangelistic outreach, Jews for Jesus. His fatal head injury was the result of a fall he suffered in a Manhattan subway on Tuesday, September 4.
Rev. Charles Hammond, associate dean of Student Life Nyack’s New York City site alerted the campus community to unite in prayer for Dr. Moskowitz. On Wednesday evening Hammond shared the news of the professor's passing, commenting, "The City campus is in mere shock! But, yes, he's with Yeshua!"
The testimony of Jhan Moskowitz's coming to faith in Jesus can be seen here.
A memorial service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, September 7 at Trinity Baptist Church, 250 East 61st Street in Manhattan.
Please remember the Moskowitz family in your prayers.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>