Academy Award-Winning Director Visits Nyack MSOL Class
Master of Science in Organizational Leadership Professor Al Hundley recently welcomed a special campus guest speaker for his MSOL students--Jonathan Demme, director, filmmaker and producer. Demme is best known for winning the Academy Award for Best Director for the film, “The Silence of the Lambs.”
Mr. Demme engaged the Rockland MSOL students in a film review and discussion about his upcoming documentary “I’m Carolyn Parker: The Good, the Mad, and the Beautiful,” which will air on television in the fall. Dr. Underwood, dean of the School of Business and Leadership shares, “After we reviewed the film, we discussed it and tied it into the course work and the faith and spirituality of the character, Carolyn Parker.”
The documentary follows the life of a resident of the Ninth Ward in New Orleans for a period of five years after Hurricane Katrina. Says Demme of his project, “After Carolyn’s house was flooded and she endeavored to rebuild her home after the waters subsided, I was privileged to gain her permission to keep track of her progress. I didn't know at the time that these filming visits would stretch over the next five years, including 21 visits. Nor did I realize what an amazing portrait of an "ordinary" American would emerge over time. The film changed from a record of reclaiming her home into a documentary about a truly extraordinary woman."
See more on the film here.
- TODAY: "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- LAST DAY to Shop for Nyack Warrior Gear Online
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- Browse Blog Archive>>