RELEASE: Nyack Named a 2012 "Great College to Work For"
Nyack College Named a 2012 "Great College to Work For"
by The Chronicle of Higher Education
Employees applaud Nyack’s outstanding workplace environment
Nyack, NY—Nyack College, the most diverse Christian college in the United States announced it has been selected as one of the 2012 Great Colleges to Work For by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
The results of The Chronicle’s fifth annual report on the academic workplace are based on a survey of nearly 50,000 employees at colleges and universities nationwide. Nyack was recognized as a leader in the categories of work/life balance: college policies that give employees the flexibility to manage their personal lives; confidence in senior leadership: administrators have the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary for institutional success; supervisor/department chair relations: supervisor makes expectations clear and solicits ideas; and respect and appreciation: employees are regularly recognized for their contributions.
“It is an honor for me to work with faculty and staff who are such extraordinarily accomplished men and women. Our success as an institution can be credited to the part that each associate contributes to fulfilling our mission. Most importantly, our students are the beneficiaries of being educated by these exceptional role models,” says Dr. Michael Scales, president of Nyack College.
The Great Colleges program is based on a two-part assessment process: an institutional audit that captured demographics and workplace policies from each institution, and a survey administered to faculty, administrators, and professional support staff. “I appreciate and have come to expect the selfless support and collaboration of our faculty as we work together—particularly on assessment and accreditation projects,” comments Dr. Bennett Schepens, Nyack’s assistant provost. “Their remarkable commitment to academic excellence is paralleled only by their professional and personal integrity.”
Nyack College is a 130-year-old institution with more than 3,300 students. This is the second year Nyack has participated in The Chronicle’s Great Colleges program.
Karen Davie, director of human resources, shares, “I am delighted that our employees' survey responses gained us recognition for a second year in a row, and this year in an additional category—Supervisor/Department Chair Relationship. Employees at Nyack genuinely care for the well-being of one another and enjoy celebrating individual and institutional successes, which definitely contributes to a great work environment.”
For more information about Nyack College, please visit http://www.nyack.edu.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves more than 3,300 students in its undergraduate and graduate degree programs. In addition to its residential campus in Nyack, NY and a commuter campus in New York City, an extension site is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- Browse Blog Archive>>