RELEASE: Nyack Named a 2012 "Great College to Work For"
Nyack College Named a 2012 "Great College to Work For"
by The Chronicle of Higher Education
Employees applaud Nyack’s outstanding workplace environment
Nyack, NY—Nyack College, the most diverse Christian college in the United States announced it has been selected as one of the 2012 Great Colleges to Work For by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
The results of The Chronicle’s fifth annual report on the academic workplace are based on a survey of nearly 50,000 employees at colleges and universities nationwide. Nyack was recognized as a leader in the categories of work/life balance: college policies that give employees the flexibility to manage their personal lives; confidence in senior leadership: administrators have the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary for institutional success; supervisor/department chair relations: supervisor makes expectations clear and solicits ideas; and respect and appreciation: employees are regularly recognized for their contributions.
“It is an honor for me to work with faculty and staff who are such extraordinarily accomplished men and women. Our success as an institution can be credited to the part that each associate contributes to fulfilling our mission. Most importantly, our students are the beneficiaries of being educated by these exceptional role models,” says Dr. Michael Scales, president of Nyack College.
The Great Colleges program is based on a two-part assessment process: an institutional audit that captured demographics and workplace policies from each institution, and a survey administered to faculty, administrators, and professional support staff. “I appreciate and have come to expect the selfless support and collaboration of our faculty as we work together—particularly on assessment and accreditation projects,” comments Dr. Bennett Schepens, Nyack’s assistant provost. “Their remarkable commitment to academic excellence is paralleled only by their professional and personal integrity.”
Nyack College is a 130-year-old institution with more than 3,300 students. This is the second year Nyack has participated in The Chronicle’s Great Colleges program.
Karen Davie, director of human resources, shares, “I am delighted that our employees' survey responses gained us recognition for a second year in a row, and this year in an additional category—Supervisor/Department Chair Relationship. Employees at Nyack genuinely care for the well-being of one another and enjoy celebrating individual and institutional successes, which definitely contributes to a great work environment.”
For more information about Nyack College, please visit http://www.nyack.edu.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves more than 3,300 students in its undergraduate and graduate degree programs. In addition to its residential campus in Nyack, NY and a commuter campus in New York City, an extension site is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Browse Blog Archive>>