August 24: Nyack Hosts HEOP Conference
Save the date for Nyack College’s Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) Academic Festival on Friday, August 24 from 9 am to 5 pm at Alliance Theological Seminary, 350 Highland Ave., Nyack, NY 10960 when educators will gather for this first time event on the Rockland County campus.
Workshops will include, “Virtual, Blended, Hybrid Learning: Does It Work?”; “The Counselor Exchange;” “Enhancing Critical Thinking Through Small Communities” and “Integrating Service-Learning to Promote Retention.”
Nyack College established HEOP in 1975. The program is administered by the Division of Student Success under the leadership of its director, Dr. Gwen Parker Ames. HEOP students are among the most actively involved young men and women who serve in leadership positions such as student government officers, class presidents, club presidents, resident assistants, and baccalaureate speakers. The importance of the program has resulted in students regularly attending Student Advocacy Day in Albany to meet with legislators who can preserve funding for the program.
For more information on this event, contact Nathaniel Perez, HEOP counselor at 845.675.4447or by email at email@example.com.
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- The Nations Come to Us: Fukuyama Alliance Church Visits Nyack
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Browse Blog Archive>>