Nyack & CMA Metro District Sponsor "Keeping the Fire Alive"
Keeping the Fire Alive…
A conference co-sponsored by
Nyack College and
The C&MA Metropolitan District
September 11-14, 2012
The Center for Studies in Global Christianity
Full Gospel Church of New York
130-30 31st Avenue
Flushing, NY 11354
“Keeping the Fire Alive” is a multicultural conference that will gather pastors and church leaders from around the globe. Keynote speakers, workshops, and seminars will focus on the pillars of revival in the Christian faith: prayer, purity, preaching, and propagation. All plenary meetings will be presented in English with translation in other languages. Afternoon sessions will be divided into language groups—Arabic, English, French, Korean, Mandarin, and Spanish—to address the theme of “how to keep the fire alive” for the next generation.
Leaders of some of the world’s largest churches with expertise in church growth and discipleship will be the keynote speakers, including the following:
Dr. Young Hoon Lee, Yoido Full Gospel Church, Seoul, South Korea - english.fgtv.com
Dr. Young Hoon Lee is the senior pastor of Yoido Full Gospel Church, the world’s largest church, which appears in the Guinness Book of World Records for its more than 700,000 members. Dr. Lee is the successor to Dr. Yonggi Cho, the founder and pastor emeritus of Yoido Full Gospel.
Dr. Sameh Maurice, Kasr El Dobara Evangelical Church, Cairo, Egypt - www.kdec.net
Dr. Maurice pastors Kasr El Dobara Evangelical Church, the largest evangelical church in Egypt and the Middle East. Over 7,000 people regularly attend services. Outreach efforts to the city and surrounding region is through missions, sports, camps, television, discipleship school, and festivals.
Dr. Chung Suk Kim, Kwanglim Methodist Church, Seoul, South Korea - www.klmc.net/eng/sub7.asp
Through the visionary leadership of Kwanglim’s senior pastor Dr. Kim, 50 members joined him at a groundbreaking service for a new church facility in 1978. Two years later, Kwanglim became a 5,000-member congregation. Today, it is the world’s largest Methodist church in Seoul, Korea, which reports more than 94,000 members.
Dr. David Ireland, Christ Church, Montclair and Rockaway, NJ - www.christchurchusa.org
Dr. Ireland is the founder and senior pastor of Christ Church, a multi-site and multiracial congregation in northern New Jersey. The church was established in 1986 with just six members. Today some 6,000 people from 40 nationalities of diverse racial, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds worship at five weekend services as well as in small groups.
Rev. Edmund Chan, Covenant Evangelical Free Church, Singapore - cefc.org.sg
Rev. Edmund Chan is a seasoned disciplemaking pastor. As the “leadership mentor” of Covenant Evangelical Free Church, Rev. Chan is widely regarded as an insightful Bible expositor and a wise mentor of Christian leaders. In 1995, he launched the annual Intentional Disciplemaking Church (IDMC) Conferences, which has drawn over 1,000 pastors and disciplemaking leaders from more than 150 churches located in over 18 countries. He also serves on the advisory councils of several Christian organizations.
Rev. Randy Pope, Perimeter Church, Atlanta, GA - www.perimeter.org
Rev. Randy Pope is the lead teacher pastor of 5,000-member Perimeter Church in Duluth, Georgia. He is chairman of the Board of Perimeter Ministries International, an organization he founded to plant churches and provide urban ministry to the under-resourced of Atlanta. Rev. Pope is a frequent speaker for Campus Outreach and Campus Crusade for Christ conferences.
A convert from Islam to Christianity, Brother Rashid is one of the leading voices around the world boldly addressing the subjects of Islam and Christianity. He has an extensive network of TV programs in the Middle East.
To be a part of this exciting four-day event, visit www.csgchristianity.com for information on registration, lodging, and more details on conference activities.
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- OCT 1: Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- OCT 2: GRAND OPENING for Cultivate Coffee
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- Countdown to Borderline Music Fest: Spotlight on Skerrit Bwoy
- TODAY: Fine Print Showcase at Bailey Library
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Browse Blog Archive>>