Nyack & CMA Metro District Sponsor "Keeping the Fire Alive"
Keeping the Fire Alive…
A conference co-sponsored by
Nyack College and
The C&MA Metropolitan District
September 11-14, 2012
The Center for Studies in Global Christianity
Full Gospel Church of New York
130-30 31st Avenue
Flushing, NY 11354
“Keeping the Fire Alive” is a multicultural conference that will gather pastors and church leaders from around the globe. Keynote speakers, workshops, and seminars will focus on the pillars of revival in the Christian faith: prayer, purity, preaching, and propagation. All plenary meetings will be presented in English with translation in other languages. Afternoon sessions will be divided into language groups—Arabic, English, French, Korean, Mandarin, and Spanish—to address the theme of “how to keep the fire alive” for the next generation.
Leaders of some of the world’s largest churches with expertise in church growth and discipleship will be the keynote speakers, including the following:
Dr. Young Hoon Lee, Yoido Full Gospel Church, Seoul, South Korea - english.fgtv.com
Dr. Young Hoon Lee is the senior pastor of Yoido Full Gospel Church, the world’s largest church, which appears in the Guinness Book of World Records for its more than 700,000 members. Dr. Lee is the successor to Dr. Yonggi Cho, the founder and pastor emeritus of Yoido Full Gospel.
Dr. Sameh Maurice, Kasr El Dobara Evangelical Church, Cairo, Egypt - www.kdec.net
Dr. Maurice pastors Kasr El Dobara Evangelical Church, the largest evangelical church in Egypt and the Middle East. Over 7,000 people regularly attend services. Outreach efforts to the city and surrounding region is through missions, sports, camps, television, discipleship school, and festivals.
Dr. Chung Suk Kim, Kwanglim Methodist Church, Seoul, South Korea - www.klmc.net/eng/sub7.asp
Through the visionary leadership of Kwanglim’s senior pastor Dr. Kim, 50 members joined him at a groundbreaking service for a new church facility in 1978. Two years later, Kwanglim became a 5,000-member congregation. Today, it is the world’s largest Methodist church in Seoul, Korea, which reports more than 94,000 members.
Dr. David Ireland, Christ Church, Montclair and Rockaway, NJ - www.christchurchusa.org
Dr. Ireland is the founder and senior pastor of Christ Church, a multi-site and multiracial congregation in northern New Jersey. The church was established in 1986 with just six members. Today some 6,000 people from 40 nationalities of diverse racial, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds worship at five weekend services as well as in small groups.
Rev. Edmund Chan, Covenant Evangelical Free Church, Singapore - cefc.org.sg
Rev. Edmund Chan is a seasoned disciplemaking pastor. As the “leadership mentor” of Covenant Evangelical Free Church, Rev. Chan is widely regarded as an insightful Bible expositor and a wise mentor of Christian leaders. In 1995, he launched the annual Intentional Disciplemaking Church (IDMC) Conferences, which has drawn over 1,000 pastors and disciplemaking leaders from more than 150 churches located in over 18 countries. He also serves on the advisory councils of several Christian organizations.
Rev. Randy Pope, Perimeter Church, Atlanta, GA - www.perimeter.org
Rev. Randy Pope is the lead teacher pastor of 5,000-member Perimeter Church in Duluth, Georgia. He is chairman of the Board of Perimeter Ministries International, an organization he founded to plant churches and provide urban ministry to the under-resourced of Atlanta. Rev. Pope is a frequent speaker for Campus Outreach and Campus Crusade for Christ conferences.
A convert from Islam to Christianity, Brother Rashid is one of the leading voices around the world boldly addressing the subjects of Islam and Christianity. He has an extensive network of TV programs in the Middle East.
To be a part of this exciting four-day event, visit www.csgchristianity.com for information on registration, lodging, and more details on conference activities.
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>