Nyack's Community "Bridge-Builder" Is New Rotary President
Service above self. Those three little words—the Nyack Rotary motto—sum up why this civic group and Nyack College make such perfect allies.
When Rotarians gathered on the Rockland campus of Nyack College there was another good reason for several dozen men and women of kindred spirit to come together. A new slate of officers for Nyack Rotary was being installed and the 2012-2013 president is one of Nyack’s own—Mr. Earl Miller, Executive Director of Community Relations.
On the patio of Shuman Hall, the majestic Tudor-style mansion that houses administrative offices of the college, community leaders, business people, and other special guests enjoyed the breathtaking view of Hook Mountain and the Hudson River, delicious gourmet hors d’oeuvres, and uptempo music prior to the ceremony.
Harriet Cornell, Rockland County Legislature Chairwoman, who was unable to attend the event, sent greetings applauding the new Rotary leadership. Her message read by Kim Cross, executive director of the Nyack Center, was “How wonderful to learn that Earl Miller has been elected president of the Nyack Rotary. His commitment to the community and Nyack Rotary’s long history of public service are a perfect match!"
The roster of other officers and directors included Chuck Maze, president-elect; Glen Keene, vice president; John O’Brien, treasurer; Ula Robertson, secretary; Brett Caminez, senior advisor; and directors, David Schart, Jane Del Regno, Nick Del Pizzo and Charles Siemers.
Miller expressed his appreciation for the words of wisdom from past Rotary presidents and the anticipation of working with the new leadership team.
Joined by his family, wife Jonette and son Isaiah, the new Rotary president (pictured above) was sworn in by former District Governor Carole Tjoa. In his acceptance remarks, Miller also shared the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:
“Let us rise up tonight with a greater readiness. Let us stand with a greater determination. And let us move on in these powerful days, these days of challenge to make America what it ought to be. We have an opportunity to make America a better nation.” Newly installed President Miller urged his fellow Rotarians that they have “an opportunity to make America a better nation and Nyack a better community.”
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- Browse Blog Archive>>