Nyack's Community "Bridge-Builder" Is New Rotary President
Service above self. Those three little words—the Nyack Rotary motto—sum up why this civic group and Nyack College make such perfect allies.
When Rotarians gathered on the Rockland campus of Nyack College there was another good reason for several dozen men and women of kindred spirit to come together. A new slate of officers for Nyack Rotary was being installed and the 2012-2013 president is one of Nyack’s own—Mr. Earl Miller, Executive Director of Community Relations.
On the patio of Shuman Hall, the majestic Tudor-style mansion that houses administrative offices of the college, community leaders, business people, and other special guests enjoyed the breathtaking view of Hook Mountain and the Hudson River, delicious gourmet hors d’oeuvres, and uptempo music prior to the ceremony.
Harriet Cornell, Rockland County Legislature Chairwoman, who was unable to attend the event, sent greetings applauding the new Rotary leadership. Her message read by Kim Cross, executive director of the Nyack Center, was “How wonderful to learn that Earl Miller has been elected president of the Nyack Rotary. His commitment to the community and Nyack Rotary’s long history of public service are a perfect match!"
The roster of other officers and directors included Chuck Maze, president-elect; Glen Keene, vice president; John O’Brien, treasurer; Ula Robertson, secretary; Brett Caminez, senior advisor; and directors, David Schart, Jane Del Regno, Nick Del Pizzo and Charles Siemers.
Miller expressed his appreciation for the words of wisdom from past Rotary presidents and the anticipation of working with the new leadership team.
Joined by his family, wife Jonette and son Isaiah, the new Rotary president (pictured above) was sworn in by former District Governor Carole Tjoa. In his acceptance remarks, Miller also shared the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:
“Let us rise up tonight with a greater readiness. Let us stand with a greater determination. And let us move on in these powerful days, these days of challenge to make America what it ought to be. We have an opportunity to make America a better nation.” Newly installed President Miller urged his fellow Rotarians that they have “an opportunity to make America a better nation and Nyack a better community.”
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Browse Blog Archive>>