Nyack's Community "Bridge-Builder" Is New Rotary President
Service above self. Those three little words—the Nyack Rotary motto—sum up why this civic group and Nyack College make such perfect allies.
When Rotarians gathered on the Rockland campus of Nyack College there was another good reason for several dozen men and women of kindred spirit to come together. A new slate of officers for Nyack Rotary was being installed and the 2012-2013 president is one of Nyack’s own—Mr. Earl Miller, Executive Director of Community Relations.
On the patio of Shuman Hall, the majestic Tudor-style mansion that houses administrative offices of the college, community leaders, business people, and other special guests enjoyed the breathtaking view of Hook Mountain and the Hudson River, delicious gourmet hors d’oeuvres, and uptempo music prior to the ceremony.
Harriet Cornell, Rockland County Legislature Chairwoman, who was unable to attend the event, sent greetings applauding the new Rotary leadership. Her message read by Kim Cross, executive director of the Nyack Center, was “How wonderful to learn that Earl Miller has been elected president of the Nyack Rotary. His commitment to the community and Nyack Rotary’s long history of public service are a perfect match!"
The roster of other officers and directors included Chuck Maze, president-elect; Glen Keene, vice president; John O’Brien, treasurer; Ula Robertson, secretary; Brett Caminez, senior advisor; and directors, David Schart, Jane Del Regno, Nick Del Pizzo and Charles Siemers.
Miller expressed his appreciation for the words of wisdom from past Rotary presidents and the anticipation of working with the new leadership team.
Joined by his family, wife Jonette and son Isaiah, the new Rotary president (pictured above) was sworn in by former District Governor Carole Tjoa. In his acceptance remarks, Miller also shared the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:
“Let us rise up tonight with a greater readiness. Let us stand with a greater determination. And let us move on in these powerful days, these days of challenge to make America what it ought to be. We have an opportunity to make America a better nation.” Newly installed President Miller urged his fellow Rotarians that they have “an opportunity to make America a better nation and Nyack a better community.”
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Browse Blog Archive>>