Nyack's Community "Bridge-Builder" Is New Rotary President
Service above self. Those three little words—the Nyack Rotary motto—sum up why this civic group and Nyack College make such perfect allies.
When Rotarians gathered on the Rockland campus of Nyack College there was another good reason for several dozen men and women of kindred spirit to come together. A new slate of officers for Nyack Rotary was being installed and the 2012-2013 president is one of Nyack’s own—Mr. Earl Miller, Executive Director of Community Relations.
On the patio of Shuman Hall, the majestic Tudor-style mansion that houses administrative offices of the college, community leaders, business people, and other special guests enjoyed the breathtaking view of Hook Mountain and the Hudson River, delicious gourmet hors d’oeuvres, and uptempo music prior to the ceremony.
Harriet Cornell, Rockland County Legislature Chairwoman, who was unable to attend the event, sent greetings applauding the new Rotary leadership. Her message read by Kim Cross, executive director of the Nyack Center, was “How wonderful to learn that Earl Miller has been elected president of the Nyack Rotary. His commitment to the community and Nyack Rotary’s long history of public service are a perfect match!"
The roster of other officers and directors included Chuck Maze, president-elect; Glen Keene, vice president; John O’Brien, treasurer; Ula Robertson, secretary; Brett Caminez, senior advisor; and directors, David Schart, Jane Del Regno, Nick Del Pizzo and Charles Siemers.
Miller expressed his appreciation for the words of wisdom from past Rotary presidents and the anticipation of working with the new leadership team.
Joined by his family, wife Jonette and son Isaiah, the new Rotary president (pictured above) was sworn in by former District Governor Carole Tjoa. In his acceptance remarks, Miller also shared the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:
“Let us rise up tonight with a greater readiness. Let us stand with a greater determination. And let us move on in these powerful days, these days of challenge to make America what it ought to be. We have an opportunity to make America a better nation.” Newly installed President Miller urged his fellow Rotarians that they have “an opportunity to make America a better nation and Nyack a better community.”
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>