Nyack's New BA in Biology
Dr. Fernando Arzola Jr., dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Nyack College, shares the following exciting news.
The College of Arts and Sciences is proud to announce the Bachelor of Arts in Biology program has been approved by the New York State Education Department. Applications are being accepted for Fall 2012.
The Biology BA program is designed for students who desire a liberal arts education with a solid foundation in biology. Students are prepared for graduate study in biology or toward careers in other disciplines that require a significant background in biology. This is the first natural science degree offered by Nyack College.
“The new biology program is in keeping with the Nyack’s recent expansion in the sciences,” said Dr. Arzola. “The School of Nursing was established, the Computer Science program was redesigned and updated, and we have also submitted an application to NYS for an A.S. Engineering program. In addition, we hired 5 new faculty in the Division of Mathematics and Sciences - 3 in Biology, 1 in Mathematics, and 1 in Physics. Furthermore, we established a second science lab on the Rockland campus, and will have three science labs in the new New York City Campus.”
The faculty of the Department of Biology and Chemistry* is
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington, Chair, earned her Ph.D. from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
- Dr. Damaris Lois Y. Lang earned her Ph.D. from the Graduate Center of the City University of New York.
- Dr. Peter Park earned his Ph.D. from Stony Brook University.
- Dr. Wenbo Yan earned his Ph.D. from Rutgers University.
The mission of the College of Arts and Sciences is to provide students with a liberal arts education which will serve as a foundation for the pursuit of lifelong learning, ethical living, and a successful career. It hosts 48 full-time faculty, 18 departments, 12 baccalaureate degrees and 2 associate degrees.
For more information about the College of Arts & Sciences: http://www.nyack.edu/2012/CASExplore
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>