Nyack's New BA in Biology
Dr. Fernando Arzola Jr., dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Nyack College, shares the following exciting news.
The College of Arts and Sciences is proud to announce the Bachelor of Arts in Biology program has been approved by the New York State Education Department. Applications are being accepted for Fall 2012.
The Biology BA program is designed for students who desire a liberal arts education with a solid foundation in biology. Students are prepared for graduate study in biology or toward careers in other disciplines that require a significant background in biology. This is the first natural science degree offered by Nyack College.
“The new biology program is in keeping with the Nyack’s recent expansion in the sciences,” said Dr. Arzola. “The School of Nursing was established, the Computer Science program was redesigned and updated, and we have also submitted an application to NYS for an A.S. Engineering program. In addition, we hired 5 new faculty in the Division of Mathematics and Sciences - 3 in Biology, 1 in Mathematics, and 1 in Physics. Furthermore, we established a second science lab on the Rockland campus, and will have three science labs in the new New York City Campus.”
The faculty of the Department of Biology and Chemistry* is
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington, Chair, earned her Ph.D. from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
- Dr. Damaris Lois Y. Lang earned her Ph.D. from the Graduate Center of the City University of New York.
- Dr. Peter Park earned his Ph.D. from Stony Brook University.
- Dr. Wenbo Yan earned his Ph.D. from Rutgers University.
The mission of the College of Arts and Sciences is to provide students with a liberal arts education which will serve as a foundation for the pursuit of lifelong learning, ethical living, and a successful career. It hosts 48 full-time faculty, 18 departments, 12 baccalaureate degrees and 2 associate degrees.
For more information about the College of Arts & Sciences: http://www.nyack.edu/2012/CASExplore
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>