Nyack NYC Professors Awarded Book Contract
Nyack College School of Education professors, Marie White (right) and Miriam Velez (left), were notified by Springer Publications that they have been offered a contract for the publication of their book, “Developing Self-regulation of Learning and Teaching Skills among Elementary School Teacher Candidates,” by Springer Publications. Four reviewers unanimously approved their book proposal which will become a part of the SpringerBriefs in Education series.
The two New York City campus professors collaborated with Dr. Hefer Bembenutty, an established scholar and a professor at Queens College (CUNY) and visiting scholar at the University of Michigan.
Says Prof. White, "Dr. Bembenutty is a colleague who has encouraged us to write this short book. "It is because of his support and establishment in the field that the publishers recognized our work. He and I have co-authored several papers and presented at the American Educational Research Association. He has met with our students, spoken to our classes, and been a believer in our program in New York City."
Professors White and Velez will be presenting their study at the fall 2012 Nyack Scholars Symposium, an annual event sponsored by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement on both the Rockland County and NYC campuses.
The campus community celebrates another impressive Nyack School of Education accomplishment.
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- 15-City Promo Tour for Nyack NYC Campus Music Prof Damien Sneed
- Becker Professional Education Presentation
- FEBRUARY 23-24: Pianist Marcelo Liano in Concert at Nyack Rockland
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Kale Yu on "Earth in Mind"
- Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
- Nursing Alumni Return to Share Their Journey
- Nyack College Partners with the Luis Palau Association
- Nyack Reps at NY Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany
- Damien Sneed, NYC Music Faculty, in PBS Documentary on Work by Wynton Marsalis
- Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack AGSC Professor and Students Published in Journal
- Kathy Schwarz, First 2015 Nyack Critical Reads Presenter
- Nyack College Partners With the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association
- Browse Blog Archive>>