Nyack NYC Professors Awarded Book Contract
Nyack College School of Education professors, Marie White (right) and Miriam Velez (left), were notified by Springer Publications that they have been offered a contract for the publication of their book, “Developing Self-regulation of Learning and Teaching Skills among Elementary School Teacher Candidates,” by Springer Publications. Four reviewers unanimously approved their book proposal which will become a part of the SpringerBriefs in Education series.
The two New York City campus professors collaborated with Dr. Hefer Bembenutty, an established scholar and a professor at Queens College (CUNY) and visiting scholar at the University of Michigan.
Says Prof. White, "Dr. Bembenutty is a colleague who has encouraged us to write this short book. "It is because of his support and establishment in the field that the publishers recognized our work. He and I have co-authored several papers and presented at the American Educational Research Association. He has met with our students, spoken to our classes, and been a believer in our program in New York City."
Professors White and Velez will be presenting their study at the fall 2012 Nyack Scholars Symposium, an annual event sponsored by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement on both the Rockland County and NYC campuses.
The campus community celebrates another impressive Nyack School of Education accomplishment.
- FEB 21: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>