Religion and Social Work Conference
The Social Work Department of Nyack College and the National Association of Social Workers NASW) New York Chapter Hudson Valley Division will co-host a Religion & Social Work conference June 8, from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. at Alliance Theological Seminary, 350 North Highland Avenue in Nyack, NY. The full-day conference gather social work professionals and students to gain a better understanding of the Jewish, Islamic, and Christian religions to better assist their clients.
Guest speakers will be the following:
On Christianity: Dr. Mike Gerhardt, senior pastor of New Beginnings in Poughkeepsie, NY. Dr. Gerhardt is a former corporate accountant who later earned his Masters of Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary and then became an associate pastor of the Chinese Christian Church over the English speaking service.
On Judaism: Ms. Carl H. King, earned a Masters in Social Work from Columbia University’s School of Social Work and a Masters in Jewish Studies from the Jewish Theological Seminary of America (JTSA). She is the senior clinician in the student counseling center of JTSA and a coordinator of the Jewish Family Life Education Program.
On Islam: Mr. Azeem Farooki is a board member and trustee of the Islamic Center of Rockland in Valley Cottage, NY. He provides translation services for the Urdu language in New York State Unified Court System and New Jersey Judiciary.
Click here to register online or for additional information, contact Laura Eastman Follis, LCSW, Hudson Valley Division Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>