Nyack Honorary Doctorates to Steve Forbes and Michael Louis
The Nyack/ATS campus community looks forward to the tradition of baccalaureate, hooding, and graduation ceremonies next month (Details here).
This year the May 5 commencement ceremony will attract podium guests from major sectors of society—business, media, Christian music, and church leadership.
Speakers at the 129th commencement ceremony for college and seminary graduates will be Mr. Steve Forbes, chairman and editor-in-chief of Forbes Media and Mr. Michael Louis, chairman of Hotels, Vineyards, and Strategic Initiatives for The Louis Group International of South Africa.
Nearly 700 undergraduate and graduates candidates will receive degrees at the 4,400-seat auditorium of the Westchester County Center at 198 Central Ave in White Plains, NY. Both Mr. Louis and Mr. Forbes will receive the honorary Doctor of Laws degree. Grammy and Dove award winner for Christian music, Mrs.Gloria Gaither will receive the Doctor of Music and senior pastor of Queens Herald Church, Rev. Stanley Kwong will receive the Doctor of Letters.
The four honorary doctorate recipients will be inducted into the President’s Hall of Distinction at a private pre-commencement brunch at the Tarrytown House Estate. For more information on commencement honorary degree recipients, click here.
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Browse Blog Archive>>