NYACK NYC Campus Prof Celebrates a Dove Award Win
Professor Mary Carey, adjunct vocal instructor at the Nyack New York City campus, informed the campus community of great news: the Christ Tabernacle Choir led by her husband, Rev. Steve Carey, won a Dove Award recently for the song, “Hold On,” in the Traditional Gospel Song of the Year category.
The song is from the choir’s latest CD Change the Atmosphere. This was the fifth time the choir has been nominated for a Dove award and a first time win. Mary Carey is a conductor and soloist for the choir.
The Gospel Music Association (GMA) produced the Dove Awards show, a now 43-year-old tradition that celebrates contemporary Christian and Gospel music. The event place in Atlanta, GA on April 19 at The Fox Theatre and will be televised on the Gospel Music Channel on April 24.
Congratulations to the Careys and the Christ Tabernacle Choir!
- Get Nyack Warrior Gear Online Until September 30
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- Browse Blog Archive>>