NYACK NYC Campus Prof Celebrates a Dove Award Win
Professor Mary Carey, adjunct vocal instructor at the Nyack New York City campus, informed the campus community of great news: the Christ Tabernacle Choir led by her husband, Rev. Steve Carey, won a Dove Award recently for the song, “Hold On,” in the Traditional Gospel Song of the Year category.
The song is from the choir’s latest CD Change the Atmosphere. This was the fifth time the choir has been nominated for a Dove award and a first time win. Mary Carey is a conductor and soloist for the choir.
The Gospel Music Association (GMA) produced the Dove Awards show, a now 43-year-old tradition that celebrates contemporary Christian and Gospel music. The event place in Atlanta, GA on April 19 at The Fox Theatre and will be televised on the Gospel Music Channel on April 24.
Congratulations to the Careys and the Christ Tabernacle Choir!
- Thursday, October 23--Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
- Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Browse Blog Archive>>