Dean Wanda Velez Speaker for Metro CMA Women's Retreat
This weekend Mrs. Wanda Velez, Dean of Students on Nyack’s Rockland County campus, will be the keynote speaker at the C&MA Metro District’s Womens Spring Retreat at The Inn at Pocono Manor. The theme for the April 20-22 gathering is “Woman of Worth: Tell Your Story.”
Dean Velez is a 1996 graduate of Nyack College and a 2001 graduate of Alliance Theological Seminary. In addition to her relationship with the institution as student and alumna, she has worn several hats as an employee. In the Office of Advancement, she served as Director of Alumni Relations and Special Events for Nyack/ATS and has also been on the Student Development staff, first as a Residence Director before taking on the role of Director of Residence Life. In addition, for the past three summers she has served as a consultant for The Salvation Army’s Star Lake Camp, providing leadership development and staff training.
The retreat includes worship, ministry of the Word, small group prayer, and buffet meals. Free time can be used for shopping, sightseeing or use of the resort amenities including pool & spa and exercising. This is a getaway you don't want to miss. For more information click here.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>