Nyack Walk/Run Team Participates With Concern USA
Lindza Lubin, psychology major enrolled at the New York City campus, organized a Nyack NYC team to join Concern USA in its 4 mile run/walk in Central Park, which took place on Saturday, April 14. Proceeds from the fundraiser will benefit educational programs for children in Haiti.
Lindza, who is also an ESL Connections Club leader and a member of the New Sound Gospel Choir, registered a team of 23 from the New York City campus community.
On her motivation to get Nyack College involved in this fundraiser, Lindza says, "I am from Haiti and I know how hard it is for children to receive an education. It may not be something that everyone is facing here, but in Haiti it is a real challenge, so I decided to give back to my country in order to help these children have hope."
ESL Professor Kim Huster, who participated with the students, said, “The Concern Run for Education in Haiti was a great experience! It gave us as faculty, staff, and students at Nyack an opportunity to get to know each other better, have some fun in the park, and get some exercise. It also gave us an opportunity to be involved in the community outside the campus. Everyone who attended voiced an interest in doing more activities of this kind in the future. Thanks to Lindza Lubin for organizing the team and getting us out there!"
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Browse Blog Archive>>