Volleyball Team Serves Community in Monte Plata
Nyack’s women’s volleyball team and their coaches traveled during spring break to Monte Plata in the Dominican Republic for seven days with Share USA, a non-profit organization helping communities in need of medical or financial aid. Members of the Nyack team are Ericka Catalano, Amy Dorvick, Brianna Kane, Michelle Makela, Moon Masania, Amelia Moor, Sharon Ofori, Allyson Rola, Tawnie Savage, Debbie Schendel, Jenny Schaller, and Maria Shields. Coaches are Raquel and Bret Shaffer who were joined by Nyack sociology and criminal justice faculty member, Prof. Miquel Sanchez.
Photos and news of the team's outreach were provided by Ms. Alice Pearce, an RN and a vice president on the Board of Directors of Share USA, Inc. Ms. Pearce commented, "The team, coaches, and Prof. Sanchez were so amazing to work with!"
A number of projects were completed included cleaning and painting a computer classroom, a basketball court, a home for a local family, and the foundation around a playground. The height and weight of every student at the Eva Russell School was also recorded by the volunteers. Best of all, local children were treated to four days of volleyball clinics and lots of hugs and love from the Nyack athletes.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>