Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
"Health and Science Awareness” was the theme of the first Nyack College Student Research Conference on Thursday, March 29 in Bowman Gymnasium on the Nyack College Rockland County campus. The event was chaired by Dr. Jacqueline Washington head of Nyack’s biology and chemistry department and co-sponsored by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement directed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda.
Distinguished plenary speakers were Dr. David Freed, president of Nyack Hospital and Dr. Mark Wade, president of Arise and Walk Ministries Foundation. Commenting about the work of Nyack’s undergraduate presenters, Dr. David Freed of Nyack Hospital commented, “The posters are as good as graduate school work. I’m amazed at how deeply the dove into the topics. This is usually seen at higher levels of education. They really got to all the important touch points.”
Over 85 Nyack students participated in the event and faculty judges reviewed their posters The winners were as follows:
1st place: Vinny Jacopino and Marvin Salvatore (pictured above with Dr. Washington) for "Picture a World Without Color"
2nd place: Kristen Naylor and Joelle Blanck for "Coffee: The Greatest Addiction Ever"
3rd place: Kassondra Ford and Tahira Abdullah for "Harlequen Icthyosis: A Deadly Skin Armor"
Honorable mention went to Chinwe Uchendu for " Awareness of the Silent Killer" and to Jessica Cottings and Nina Muldrow for "The Consequences of Sleep Deprivation.”
Congratulations to the winners and all participants for a successful event!
- Christmas Shopping Event Benefits Global Service-Learning Mexico Trip
- American Cancer Society Rates Nyack a Top-Ranking NY Institution With Tobacco-Free Policies
- Grace Prescriptions: Seminars for Healthcare Professionals at Nyack NYC
- December School of Music Concerts in Manhattan and in Rockland
- Nyack College Welcomes 2016 Leadership Rockland Cohort for Multi-cultural Communities Day
- Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Conference Proceedings Published
- Chad Needs Your Votes! (Every Day Until November 30)
- School of Education Authors Release Books on Self-Regulation
- Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
- ATS Alum and Author, Dimas Salaberrios, in Paris
- New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
- Nyack's Brittany Cruz Heads to Practice With Women's Olympic Pre-National Team
- Reading the New Testament as Second Temple Jewish Literature
- Author Deb Hirsch of Missio Alliance at Nyack/ATS
- Nyack Salutes Our Nation's Veterans
- 7th Scholars Symposium: In Search of the Meaning of Work
- A Nyack College First: Student Cyber Security Team
- A Showcase of Academic Excellence: Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
- National Nursing Exam Scores on a Strong and Steady Rise
- Alumni of the Year Award Honorees Across the Decades
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- AWF President Visits Nyack/ATS Rockland
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>