Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
"Health and Science Awareness” was the theme of the first Nyack College Student Research Conference on Thursday, March 29 in Bowman Gymnasium on the Nyack College Rockland County campus. The event was chaired by Dr. Jacqueline Washington head of Nyack’s biology and chemistry department and co-sponsored by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement directed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda.
Distinguished plenary speakers were Dr. David Freed, president of Nyack Hospital and Dr. Mark Wade, president of Arise and Walk Ministries Foundation. Commenting about the work of Nyack’s undergraduate presenters, Dr. David Freed of Nyack Hospital commented, “The posters are as good as graduate school work. I’m amazed at how deeply the dove into the topics. This is usually seen at higher levels of education. They really got to all the important touch points.”
Over 85 Nyack students participated in the event and faculty judges reviewed their posters The winners were as follows:
1st place: Vinny Jacopino and Marvin Salvatore (pictured above with Dr. Washington) for "Picture a World Without Color"
2nd place: Kristen Naylor and Joelle Blanck for "Coffee: The Greatest Addiction Ever"
3rd place: Kassondra Ford and Tahira Abdullah for "Harlequen Icthyosis: A Deadly Skin Armor"
Honorable mention went to Chinwe Uchendu for " Awareness of the Silent Killer" and to Jessica Cottings and Nina Muldrow for "The Consequences of Sleep Deprivation.”
Congratulations to the winners and all participants for a successful event!
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>