Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
"Health and Science Awareness” was the theme of the first Nyack College Student Research Conference on Thursday, March 29 in Bowman Gymnasium on the Nyack College Rockland County campus. The event was chaired by Dr. Jacqueline Washington head of Nyack’s biology and chemistry department and co-sponsored by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement directed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda.
Distinguished plenary speakers were Dr. David Freed, president of Nyack Hospital and Dr. Mark Wade, president of Arise and Walk Ministries Foundation. Commenting about the work of Nyack’s undergraduate presenters, Dr. David Freed of Nyack Hospital commented, “The posters are as good as graduate school work. I’m amazed at how deeply the dove into the topics. This is usually seen at higher levels of education. They really got to all the important touch points.”
Over 85 Nyack students participated in the event and faculty judges reviewed their posters The winners were as follows:
1st place: Vinny Jacopino and Marvin Salvatore (pictured above with Dr. Washington) for "Picture a World Without Color"
2nd place: Kristen Naylor and Joelle Blanck for "Coffee: The Greatest Addiction Ever"
3rd place: Kassondra Ford and Tahira Abdullah for "Harlequen Icthyosis: A Deadly Skin Armor"
Honorable mention went to Chinwe Uchendu for " Awareness of the Silent Killer" and to Jessica Cottings and Nina Muldrow for "The Consequences of Sleep Deprivation.”
Congratulations to the winners and all participants for a successful event!
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>