Spring Play: Knight of the Burning Pestle
Nyack College Rockland will present a production of The Knight of the Burning Pestle by Francis Beaumont, a contemporary of William Shakespeare. The play will be directed by Dr. Kevin Pinkham, assistant professor of English, and Brittany Wetherill, student director. Six performances will take place April 13-15 and April 20-22 at Hilltop Auditorium on the Rockland campus. The Friday and Saturday evening shows will run at 7:00 p.m. Sunday matinees will run at 4:00 p.m. Tickets are $5 per student, $10 per non-student.
The Knight of the Burning Pestle is a 17th century comedy that tells the story of a group of actors intending to put on a play about an apprentice merchant who falls in love with his master’s daughter. In an interesting twist, members of the audience have a different plan and would rather see their intern, Rafe, act out his dreams of being a knight on stage.
The Nyack student cast and crew include: Kevin Winkle, Allison Birch, Ben Wallin, Jeremiah Rivera, Simon Song, LeeAnn Mailly, Courtney Soucek, Ayodele Campbell, Eric Cabrera, Christien Jackson, Philip Strangolagalli, Pamela Code, Elizabeth Kendrex, Laura Satre, Stephanie Ginsberg, Mitchell Woodford, Rebecca Grodzki, Kelly Burke, Felicita Ruiz, Audrey King, Hannah Shipman, Brittany Wetherill, Petra Brown, Thanee Xiong, Chelsea Geyer, David Carrera, Brittany Wetherill, Christopher Rafalski, Vanessa Van Tongel, Laura Davis, Wayne Hansen, and Jeremy Fuscaldo.
The Nyack campus community and local residents are welcome to attend. Reserve your ticket(s) by calling 845.675.4420. For additional information, phone 845-675-4526.
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- TODAY: Second Chance to Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Browse Blog Archive>>