AGSC Pioneer Dr. Craig Ellison Home With Jesus
The campus community was received news today that Dr. Craig Ellison, founding director of Nyack’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) and a pioneer in the field of Christian counseling, passed away on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 10:45 a.m.
His beloved wife Sharon said he went home to be with the Lord "in complete Shalom."
In his professional career, Dr. Ellison wore many hats, among them psychology professor, author, clinician, researcher and radio show host (“Perspectives on Personal Living”). He will long be remembered as the patriarchal figure of AGSC—a treasure to students, faculty, and staff.
A graveside service was held for Dr. Ellison today in Holland, MI. The family plans to hold a memorial service later this spring. Additional information will be announced when the family provides details. An obituary will be published in The Journal News this weekend.
Dr. James Chin, an AGSC professor, eloquently wrote about Dr. Ellison in an article that appeared in Nyack’s alumni magazine, The Path (Winter 2009, page 9) on the occasion Dr. Ellison’s retirement. Click here to read Dr. Chin’s touching tribute.
Please keep Mrs. Ellison and the rest of the family in your prayers.
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>