AGSM Concludes "Project Experience" Exhibit
Project Experience, hosted since January 25 by the Alliance Graduate School of Missions on the ATS Rockland County campus and supported by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, is excited to announce it will extend the presentation through February 10. This interactive museum highlights issues related to systemic poverty and injustice in America and around the world. Whether you consider yourself thoroughly knowledgeable in local and international injustices or you're just becoming aware, you do not want to miss this unique exhibit.
Since the opening of Project Experience, hundreds of students and faculty members have been guided through the thirty minute tour. Commenting on what he learned from the Experience, undergraduate student Yinkon Her said, “It’s heartbreaking. This is the reason I am going to the mission field.”
Project Experience not only challenges visitors with issues of injustice, but presents other areas where ATS grads are working in sustainable ways to promote economic and spiritual growth, such as the Talibé Project, led by International-Workers-in-Residence Brian and Michelle Davis. The Davises are working to build a center for young boys that will provide an education and vocational skills as well as discipleship. They have raised $11,000 of their $20,000 goal.
Project Experience is open to visitors from campus and the community, including classes, church groups, or individuals. Tours are open from 12 pm - 2 pm and 5 pm -6 pm. Group tours can also be scheduled for anytime by emailing email@example.com or calling 845-770-5755.
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>