AGSM Concludes "Project Experience" Exhibit
Project Experience, hosted since January 25 by the Alliance Graduate School of Missions on the ATS Rockland County campus and supported by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, is excited to announce it will extend the presentation through February 10. This interactive museum highlights issues related to systemic poverty and injustice in America and around the world. Whether you consider yourself thoroughly knowledgeable in local and international injustices or you're just becoming aware, you do not want to miss this unique exhibit.
Since the opening of Project Experience, hundreds of students and faculty members have been guided through the thirty minute tour. Commenting on what he learned from the Experience, undergraduate student Yinkon Her said, “It’s heartbreaking. This is the reason I am going to the mission field.”
Project Experience not only challenges visitors with issues of injustice, but presents other areas where ATS grads are working in sustainable ways to promote economic and spiritual growth, such as the Talibé Project, led by International-Workers-in-Residence Brian and Michelle Davis. The Davises are working to build a center for young boys that will provide an education and vocational skills as well as discipleship. They have raised $11,000 of their $20,000 goal.
Project Experience is open to visitors from campus and the community, including classes, church groups, or individuals. Tours are open from 12 pm - 2 pm and 5 pm -6 pm. Group tours can also be scheduled for anytime by emailing email@example.com or calling 845-770-5755.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>