AGSM Concludes "Project Experience" Exhibit
Project Experience, hosted since January 25 by the Alliance Graduate School of Missions on the ATS Rockland County campus and supported by the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, is excited to announce it will extend the presentation through February 10. This interactive museum highlights issues related to systemic poverty and injustice in America and around the world. Whether you consider yourself thoroughly knowledgeable in local and international injustices or you're just becoming aware, you do not want to miss this unique exhibit.
Since the opening of Project Experience, hundreds of students and faculty members have been guided through the thirty minute tour. Commenting on what he learned from the Experience, undergraduate student Yinkon Her said, “It’s heartbreaking. This is the reason I am going to the mission field.”
Project Experience not only challenges visitors with issues of injustice, but presents other areas where ATS grads are working in sustainable ways to promote economic and spiritual growth, such as the Talibé Project, led by International-Workers-in-Residence Brian and Michelle Davis. The Davises are working to build a center for young boys that will provide an education and vocational skills as well as discipleship. They have raised $11,000 of their $20,000 goal.
Project Experience is open to visitors from campus and the community, including classes, church groups, or individuals. Tours are open from 12 pm - 2 pm and 5 pm -6 pm. Group tours can also be scheduled for anytime by emailing email@example.com or calling 845-770-5755.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>