Music Profs Are Producers of March 11 Benefit Concert at Palace Theater
Internationally acclaimed vocalists, Joel (bass) and Shelley Jameson (soprano), who are professors at Nyack Rockland’s School of Music, will produce a benefit concert at the Palace Theater located at 80 Hanover Street in Manchester, NH on Sunday, March 11 at 2 p.m. All proceeds from the concert will help their friend, Linda Rainville, a recent recipient of a life-saving lung transplant, with staggering medical expenses that have accumulated as well as the costs of ongoing treatments to support her recovery.
The Jamesons, a dynamic husband and wife team, have graced stages around the globe, among them the Boshoi in Moscow, the Japanese National Theater in Tokyo and Teatro Municipale in Santiago, Chile. They have also performed at Carnegie Hall, New York City Opera, Washington Opera, and Los Angeles Opera. Joining them in concert will be six Nyack College Opera Workshop vocal students: Laurelle Virola, Laura Martinez, Melissa Ruitenberg, Qian Ye, Sam McDonald, and Nyack alumnus, Dan Ansaldo. Dan Maiullo will be the accompanist.
The program will include selections from La Boheme, La Traviata, Romeo and Juliet, The Magic Flute and popular musical theater compositions.
For more information about this charitable outreach, click here. Ticket information is also available at the Palace Theater box office at 603.668.5588.
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>