Music Profs Are Producers of March 11 Benefit Concert at Palace Theater
Internationally acclaimed vocalists, Joel (bass) and Shelley Jameson (soprano), who are professors at Nyack Rockland’s School of Music, will produce a benefit concert at the Palace Theater located at 80 Hanover Street in Manchester, NH on Sunday, March 11 at 2 p.m. All proceeds from the concert will help their friend, Linda Rainville, a recent recipient of a life-saving lung transplant, with staggering medical expenses that have accumulated as well as the costs of ongoing treatments to support her recovery.
The Jamesons, a dynamic husband and wife team, have graced stages around the globe, among them the Boshoi in Moscow, the Japanese National Theater in Tokyo and Teatro Municipale in Santiago, Chile. They have also performed at Carnegie Hall, New York City Opera, Washington Opera, and Los Angeles Opera. Joining them in concert will be six Nyack College Opera Workshop vocal students: Laurelle Virola, Laura Martinez, Melissa Ruitenberg, Qian Ye, Sam McDonald, and Nyack alumnus, Dan Ansaldo. Dan Maiullo will be the accompanist.
The program will include selections from La Boheme, La Traviata, Romeo and Juliet, The Magic Flute and popular musical theater compositions.
For more information about this charitable outreach, click here. Ticket information is also available at the Palace Theater box office at 603.668.5588.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>