NYACK NYC: Jaclyn Lesch, A Social Justice Week Speaker
Photo credit: International Justice Mission®
The Office of Student Development at the Nyack New York City campus will host Social Justice Week January 23-27.
Activities will include guest speaker, Jaclyn Lesch (pictured above), of International Justice Mission (IJM) on Wednesday, January 25 from 5:00-6:00 p.m. in The Haven at the 361 Broadway campus. In her role on the IJM College Student Mobilization team, Ms. Lesch engages students on the issues of human trafficking and other modern-day oppression. Previously employed at the U.S. Department of Justice, she was a spokesperson for the Department's Criminal Division, with a focus on child exploitation cases and special investigations of war crimes. The Houston, TX native, who currently lives in Washington, DC is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma and will complete graduate studies at American University this year.
Thursday, January 26 at 5:00 p.m., Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, an associate professor of political science and director of Nyack's new Center for Christian Scholarship on the Rockland campus, will be featured at The Nyack Experience at The Haven.
On Friday, January 27, Students Against Hunger, a NYC campus student club, will host a concert, "Music That Feeds," beginning 6:30 p.m. Special guest performers will be Eli Miguel, Harlem Witness, and Majah Stringz. The concert will be preceded by a reception with light refreshments at 5 p.m. A free will offering will be received and proceeds from the concert will benefit the work of Students Against Hunger, which is to attack the issues of hunger and poverty.
For more information, email SAH361@yahoo.com.
- TODAY: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>