NYACK NYC: Jaclyn Lesch, A Social Justice Week Speaker
Photo credit: International Justice Mission®
The Office of Student Development at the Nyack New York City campus will host Social Justice Week January 23-27.
Activities will include guest speaker, Jaclyn Lesch (pictured above), of International Justice Mission (IJM) on Wednesday, January 25 from 5:00-6:00 p.m. in The Haven at the 361 Broadway campus. In her role on the IJM College Student Mobilization team, Ms. Lesch engages students on the issues of human trafficking and other modern-day oppression. Previously employed at the U.S. Department of Justice, she was a spokesperson for the Department's Criminal Division, with a focus on child exploitation cases and special investigations of war crimes. The Houston, TX native, who currently lives in Washington, DC is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma and will complete graduate studies at American University this year.
Thursday, January 26 at 5:00 p.m., Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, an associate professor of political science and director of Nyack's new Center for Christian Scholarship on the Rockland campus, will be featured at The Nyack Experience at The Haven.
On Friday, January 27, Students Against Hunger, a NYC campus student club, will host a concert, "Music That Feeds," beginning 6:30 p.m. Special guest performers will be Eli Miguel, Harlem Witness, and Majah Stringz. The concert will be preceded by a reception with light refreshments at 5 p.m. A free will offering will be received and proceeds from the concert will benefit the work of Students Against Hunger, which is to attack the issues of hunger and poverty.
For more information, email [email protected]
- FEB 21: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>