NYACK NYC: Jaclyn Lesch, A Social Justice Week Speaker
Photo credit: International Justice Mission®
The Office of Student Development at the Nyack New York City campus will host Social Justice Week January 23-27.
Activities will include guest speaker, Jaclyn Lesch (pictured above), of International Justice Mission (IJM) on Wednesday, January 25 from 5:00-6:00 p.m. in The Haven at the 361 Broadway campus. In her role on the IJM College Student Mobilization team, Ms. Lesch engages students on the issues of human trafficking and other modern-day oppression. Previously employed at the U.S. Department of Justice, she was a spokesperson for the Department's Criminal Division, with a focus on child exploitation cases and special investigations of war crimes. The Houston, TX native, who currently lives in Washington, DC is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma and will complete graduate studies at American University this year.
Thursday, January 26 at 5:00 p.m., Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, an associate professor of political science and director of Nyack's new Center for Christian Scholarship on the Rockland campus, will be featured at The Nyack Experience at The Haven.
On Friday, January 27, Students Against Hunger, a NYC campus student club, will host a concert, "Music That Feeds," beginning 6:30 p.m. Special guest performers will be Eli Miguel, Harlem Witness, and Majah Stringz. The concert will be preceded by a reception with light refreshments at 5 p.m. A free will offering will be received and proceeds from the concert will benefit the work of Students Against Hunger, which is to attack the issues of hunger and poverty.
For more information, email SAH361@yahoo.com.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Director of Ensemble Is a Nominee for Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
- Lynette Rhett, Nyack NYC Student Releases CD--Come Jesus Come
- Distance Ed Roster Grows at Nyack /ATS
- Browse Blog Archive>>