NYACK NYC: Jaclyn Lesch, A Social Justice Week Speaker
Photo credit: International Justice Mission®
The Office of Student Development at the Nyack New York City campus will host Social Justice Week January 23-27.
Activities will include guest speaker, Jaclyn Lesch (pictured above), of International Justice Mission (IJM) on Wednesday, January 25 from 5:00-6:00 p.m. in The Haven at the 361 Broadway campus. In her role on the IJM College Student Mobilization team, Ms. Lesch engages students on the issues of human trafficking and other modern-day oppression. Previously employed at the U.S. Department of Justice, she was a spokesperson for the Department's Criminal Division, with a focus on child exploitation cases and special investigations of war crimes. The Houston, TX native, who currently lives in Washington, DC is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma and will complete graduate studies at American University this year.
Thursday, January 26 at 5:00 p.m., Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, an associate professor of political science and director of Nyack's new Center for Christian Scholarship on the Rockland campus, will be featured at The Nyack Experience at The Haven.
On Friday, January 27, Students Against Hunger, a NYC campus student club, will host a concert, "Music That Feeds," beginning 6:30 p.m. Special guest performers will be Eli Miguel, Harlem Witness, and Majah Stringz. The concert will be preceded by a reception with light refreshments at 5 p.m. A free will offering will be received and proceeds from the concert will benefit the work of Students Against Hunger, which is to attack the issues of hunger and poverty.
For more information, email SAH361@yahoo.com.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>