NYACK NYC: Jaclyn Lesch, A Social Justice Week Speaker
Photo credit: International Justice Mission®
The Office of Student Development at the Nyack New York City campus will host Social Justice Week January 23-27.
Activities will include guest speaker, Jaclyn Lesch (pictured above), of International Justice Mission (IJM) on Wednesday, January 25 from 5:00-6:00 p.m. in The Haven at the 361 Broadway campus. In her role on the IJM College Student Mobilization team, Ms. Lesch engages students on the issues of human trafficking and other modern-day oppression. Previously employed at the U.S. Department of Justice, she was a spokesperson for the Department's Criminal Division, with a focus on child exploitation cases and special investigations of war crimes. The Houston, TX native, who currently lives in Washington, DC is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma and will complete graduate studies at American University this year.
Thursday, January 26 at 5:00 p.m., Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, an associate professor of political science and director of Nyack's new Center for Christian Scholarship on the Rockland campus, will be featured at The Nyack Experience at The Haven.
On Friday, January 27, Students Against Hunger, a NYC campus student club, will host a concert, "Music That Feeds," beginning 6:30 p.m. Special guest performers will be Eli Miguel, Harlem Witness, and Majah Stringz. The concert will be preceded by a reception with light refreshments at 5 p.m. A free will offering will be received and proceeds from the concert will benefit the work of Students Against Hunger, which is to attack the issues of hunger and poverty.
For more information, email SAH361@yahoo.com.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Browse Blog Archive>>