Rockland County Leaders Recognized by Nyack College
Rockland County educators, elected officials, community activists and leaders gathered for the annual Nyack College Social Justice Day luncheon at the Nyack Seaport, where four distinguished Rockland County leaders received the college's 2012 Social Justice Day Award for exemplary service. The honorees were, (pictured above l-r) retired Rockland County Sheriff James Kralik, Drs. Susan and Edmund Gordon of the CEJJES Institute in Pomona, and 95th District Assemblywoman, the Honorable Ellen Jaffee.
Responding to being selected for the honor, Sheriff Kralik said "Of the numerous awards for law enforcement and public safety I have received, I am honored to receive this expression of thanks from such caring people. It is an honor and a joy."
Mrs. Jaffee was delighted "to be in such extraordinary company of honorees." She continued, "I want to attribute any success to people like these who have motivated and inspired me as they respond to issues and care for and advocate for youth."
Among the celebrants was Jessica Gordon Nembhard, daughter of the Gordons, and who with her siblings established the CEJJES Institute in honor of her parents work in education. Clearly proud of her parents, she said they "have spent their whole lives advocating for social justice. I'm proud to see other people recognizing them for their efforts."
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Browse Blog Archive>>