Rockland County Leaders Recognized by Nyack College
Rockland County educators, elected officials, community activists and leaders gathered for the annual Nyack College Social Justice Day luncheon at the Nyack Seaport, where four distinguished Rockland County leaders received the college's 2012 Social Justice Day Award for exemplary service. The honorees were, (pictured above l-r) retired Rockland County Sheriff James Kralik, Drs. Susan and Edmund Gordon of the CEJJES Institute in Pomona, and 95th District Assemblywoman, the Honorable Ellen Jaffee.
Responding to being selected for the honor, Sheriff Kralik said "Of the numerous awards for law enforcement and public safety I have received, I am honored to receive this expression of thanks from such caring people. It is an honor and a joy."
Mrs. Jaffee was delighted "to be in such extraordinary company of honorees." She continued, "I want to attribute any success to people like these who have motivated and inspired me as they respond to issues and care for and advocate for youth."
Among the celebrants was Jessica Gordon Nembhard, daughter of the Gordons, and who with her siblings established the CEJJES Institute in honor of her parents work in education. Clearly proud of her parents, she said they "have spent their whole lives advocating for social justice. I'm proud to see other people recognizing them for their efforts."
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>