Dr. Andrea Hennessy: New Vice President of Admissions and Marketing
Nyack President-elect Dr. Michael Scales announced that Dr. Andrea Hennessy has been appointed to the position of Vice President for Admissions and Marketing, effective March 1, 2006. Dr. Hennessy has been Assistant Vice President and Dean of the School of Adult and Continuing Education since 2003, overseeing Nyack’s Accelerated Degree Completion Program. During her time as Dean, the School of Adult and Continuing Education developed the College’s new Master of Science in Organizational Leadership, established and launched the Capital District Extension Site in Albany, NY and greatly expanded the College’s online course offerings. Prior to becoming Dean, Dr. Hennessy was the Director of Academic Resources for ADCP. She has taught in the program since 1997. Dr.Hennessy holds the B.A. from American University and the J.D. from RegentUniversity.
As Vice President for Admissions and Marketing, Dr. Hennessy will oversee the admission departments of Alliance Theological Seminary, the graduate and under- graduate programs of the College both in Nyack and New York City, and the non-traditional programs offered through the School of Adult and Continuing Education, including at the extension sites in Dayton, Ohio and Washington, DC. The marketing efforts of the institution will also be under her direction.
During the next several months, Dr. Hennessy will be dividing her time between her new responsibilities and her current ones until a new Dean for the School of Adult and Continuing Education is selected.
Nyack’s newest vice president shared, “After 10 years at Nyack, I am looking forward to shifting my focus from the classroom student to the many potential students. Understanding all that Nyack offers is exciting and energizing; I intend to use my experiences to promote and encourage students to attend Nyack. Students who engage all that Nyack has to offer find their time with us transformational; it is both a blessing and privilege to now serve Nyack in this new position.”
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Browse Blog Archive>>