Dr. Andrea Hennessy: New Vice President of Admissions and Marketing
Nyack President-elect Dr. Michael Scales announced that Dr. Andrea Hennessy has been appointed to the position of Vice President for Admissions and Marketing, effective March 1, 2006. Dr. Hennessy has been Assistant Vice President and Dean of the School of Adult and Continuing Education since 2003, overseeing Nyack’s Accelerated Degree Completion Program. During her time as Dean, the School of Adult and Continuing Education developed the College’s new Master of Science in Organizational Leadership, established and launched the Capital District Extension Site in Albany, NY and greatly expanded the College’s online course offerings. Prior to becoming Dean, Dr. Hennessy was the Director of Academic Resources for ADCP. She has taught in the program since 1997. Dr.Hennessy holds the B.A. from American University and the J.D. from RegentUniversity.
As Vice President for Admissions and Marketing, Dr. Hennessy will oversee the admission departments of Alliance Theological Seminary, the graduate and under- graduate programs of the College both in Nyack and New York City, and the non-traditional programs offered through the School of Adult and Continuing Education, including at the extension sites in Dayton, Ohio and Washington, DC. The marketing efforts of the institution will also be under her direction.
During the next several months, Dr. Hennessy will be dividing her time between her new responsibilities and her current ones until a new Dean for the School of Adult and Continuing Education is selected.
Nyack’s newest vice president shared, “After 10 years at Nyack, I am looking forward to shifting my focus from the classroom student to the many potential students. Understanding all that Nyack offers is exciting and energizing; I intend to use my experiences to promote and encourage students to attend Nyack. Students who engage all that Nyack has to offer find their time with us transformational; it is both a blessing and privilege to now serve Nyack in this new position.”
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- Neil Anderson Conference at Nyack Sold Out!
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Congratulations to Our December 2015 Graduates!
- Conference on the Role of Faith in the Practice of Medicine
- Nyack Women's Soccer Team Assists With YMCA Clinics
- Browse Blog Archive>>