SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
The Nyack College Writing Center and The Fine Print, (Nyack's literary journal) will host its first 2017-2018 Get Creative event—“The Write Down” on Thursday, September 21 beginning at 9:15 p.m. in President's Hall (Shuman Hall) on the Rockland County campus. Fine Print contributors will be featured presenters.
Refreshments will be served.
All are welcome!
Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
In less than 10 days the Borderline Music Festival—the biggest Christian music event to hit Rockland County featuring top recording artists takes place at the Palisades Credit Union Park on Friday, September 29 and Saturday, September 30 at 1 Provident Bank Park Drive in Pomona, NY.
Nyack College is a sponsor of this two-night event and Friday night is NYACK NIGHT! Ground floor access tickets are only $30 for Nyack students. With the purchase of tickets, students will get a Nyack College t-shirt and the first 50 students who sign up will get free transportation via van shuttle! Tickets can be purchased weekdays in the Boon Campus Center cafeteria and in Shuman Hall at the Admissions Office front desk. For your convenience, credit card payment is accepted.
Director of Admissions Rockland Dan Bailey urges students, "Remember to wear your red Nyack t-shirt for the cameras! Most of all, please PRAY, that many will encounter Christ in a powerful way."
See you there in Warrior RED!
WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
Borderline Musical Festival performer Dave Pettigrew was recently interviewed by Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM Warrior Radio. This segment will air tomorrow, Friday, September 22 at 6:00 p.m.
Pettigrew is among the top 20 emerging contemporary Christian artists and the 2015 recipient of Kindred Award's "Male Vocalist of the Year." He is on the Friday, September 29 roster of performers at the Music Festival being held at Palisades Credit Union Park in Pomona, NY. Performances begin at 5:30 p.m.; doors open at 5:00 p.m.
For a complete list of the performers on the two days of performances and for ticket purchases, visit the Borderline Music Festival website.
Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
Once again we are asking that prayers resume for Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico (STPR), our campus family in Puerto Rico, as Hurricane Maria threatens to make landfall there today and tomorrow.
We know that STPR Executive Director, Dr. Julio Aponte, other campus leaders and student would appreciate the prayer covering.
Thank you for remembering them in prayer as well as their families and friends throughout your day.
EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
This past Saturday, September 16, the Rockland County campus of Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary buzzed with excitement as the sixth year of Empower, a seven-month certificate program for women kicked off its 2017-2018 year of study. With the program’s articulation agreement between the C&MA Metro District and Nyack/ATS, students earn six credits towards a earning a degree at Nyack College or Alliance Theological Seminary. Empower equips and motivates the personal spiritual formation of women as they navigate the various roles and commitments in their lives. Classes are held monthly from September through April with a weekend retreat in January.
“We are delighted to launch another session of Empower with over 130 women in the three tracks,” commented the program’s director, Dr. Wanda Walborn. The three modules are Empower 1, the pre-requisite for Empower Engage (training for mentors) and Empower Proclaim that coaches women in their public speaking skills as they teach and preach as well as share stories and testimonies.
In addition to women who travel from the Tri-State New York area, Pennsylvania and Ohio, a growing number participate via livestream from their homes in California, Illinois, Iowa and Ohio. Mentoring is provided for both classroom and livestreaming students in small groups held the last two hours of the day that runs from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
The September Empower 1 session included teaching by “Understanding the Old Testament” by Dr. Linda Warren; “Cultivating a Listening Ear” and "Prayer Model," by Dr. Wanda Walborn. “Listening to God for Questions & Activating Prophetic Listening,” was the focus of Empower Engage for mentors conducted by Mrs. Lisa Plunket and Mrs. Kim Valenzuela.
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Browse Blog Archive>>