OCT 18: Amasi Trio in Concert
The Amasi Trio, Nyack College School of Music's Trio-in-Residence will perform a concert on Wednesday, October 18 at 12:45 p.m. in Pardington Hall, 45 South Blvd. in Nyack.
Members of the trio are Dr. Tammy Lum, piano; Prof. Sungrai Sohn, violin and Dr. Chungsun Kim, cello. They will perform trios by Hummel and Brahms. Learn more about Amasi Trio.
Admission is free.
OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
Movement Day New York City will take place at Bethel Gospel Assembly, 2 E 120th St, New York, NY on Friday, October 20 and Saturday, October 21 hosted by Mac Pier and Rev. Adam Durso. A roster of globally engaged leaders will address issues that face the Church and cities across our nation today.
Speakers include Alliance Theological Seminary alumni, Dr. A.R. Bernard (MPS ’06, MDiv ’09), founder and lead pastor at Christian Cultural Center in Brooklyn, NY and Dr. David Ireland (MPS, ’91), founder and lead pastor at Christ Church in Montclair and Rockaway, NJ.
Early bird ticket prices of $59 per person or $50 for groups of five or more are available until Monday, October 9.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit the Movement Day NYC website.
OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
Jacob Nevill, (’08) Nyack College School of Music alumnus will be a featured instrumentalist in a GraceMusic concert presented on Saturday, October 21 at 7:00 p.m. at Grace Episcopal Church, 130 First Avenue in Nyack, NY.
The program will showcase instrumental, vocal and organ music by two of England’s great composers, Herbert Howells and Ralph Vaughn Williams. Other performers include The Grace Church Choir, Tammy Hensrud, Korliss Uecker and Brandon Beachamp.
Jacob Nevill is also a Nyack College lecturer who teaches He teaches Basic Theory and Introduction to Music Technology. To learn more about Jacob and his accomplishments since graduating from Nyack's School of Music, visit his website.
General admission is $20; seniors, $15 and students, $5. Admission is free for children under 12. For more information visit the Grace Church website or phone 845.358.1297, extension 16.
OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
Music students, alumni, faculty and staff from both New York City and Rockland campuses will be the featured performers on Monday, October 23 at Steinway Hall in midtown Manhattan. The program will introduce educators and conductors of high school chorales and orchestras, lead and youth pastors and church pianists to the wonderful talent that is honed in our School of Music degree programs.
Seating for this event is limited and available on a first-come, first serve basis. Those interested should contact Autumn Nova in the Nyack New York City School of Music by Monday, October 16 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unveiled in May 2016, the newest Steinway venue is a third generation flagship showroom with a 69-seat recital space. It embodies the Steinway & Sons legacy and commitment to the arts and culture. It is a privilege and honor for Nyack’s School of Music to have this prestigious performance opportunity.
OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
Isaiah Velez, Nyack College senior (’18) turned his losses into lessons. If you missed his listening party held recently at the Nyack Center, here's another opportunity to hear the story behind his story.
In addition to being a new recording artist, Isaiah is youth director at Risen King Alliance Church in New City, NY and the co-president of Loud Mouths at Nyack College, a group of rappers, spoken word artists and poets who use their art to further the Kingdom of God.
Come meet Isaiah on Thursday, October 26, 9:15 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. in President’s Hall (Shuman Hall), 185 South Highland Ave., Nyack on the Rockland campus. He’ll conduct an in-depth discussion about 36 L's and the creative process behind producing his album.
Here's how you can enjoy his work:
STREAM ON SOUNDCLOUD.
STREAM ON YOUTUBE.
DOWNLOAD THE PROJECT.
- OCT 18: Amasi Trio in Concert
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Browse Blog Archive>>