2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
Nyack College students and staff were among the hundreds who gathered for New York Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany this week.
Engaging this relevant education issue were Nyack Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) counselors, Grace Schroeder and Nathaniel Perez who along with students William Cruz, Girleza Pino, Abigail Zenon, Vanessa Carranza, Gyanna Santana, and Erika Amon-Cuji. HEOP has been an integral part of support for students established at Nyack in 1975.
This annual event attracts students, faculty, financial aid, and opportunity program administrators and other staff from across the State, as well as legislators, higher education policymakers and staff who show support for student aid funding and higher education.
School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
Nyack School of Music Professor Joel Jameson has extended an invitation to the Rockland faculty and staff to perform in the Nyack Chorale's 2016 spring concert on Friday, April 8 at 7:30 p.m. in Pardington Hall. The program, conducted by Prof. Jameson, will consist of choral works including Ludwig Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, four pieces from Aaron Copland’s Old English Songs Set and Zion’s Walls arranged by Dr. Glenn Koponen, School of Music dean.
Please email Prof. Jameson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 21 with your name and part you sing. He will be in touch about extra rehearsal dates and times.
Scheduled rehearsals will be held in Pardington Hall as follows:
Regular Weekly Rehearsals: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:55 p.m. until 5:20 p.m.
Extra Rehearsals: Wednesday, March 30 from 7:00 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. and Wednesday, April 6 from 7:00 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.
Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
Nyack School of Music alumnus Glauco Lima (NC ’14) has gotten a rave review on his new album, Once Upon a Time.
Says Lima, a Manhattan campus graduate who majored in music performance/piano, “I'm beyond thrilled with the review from the acclaimed All About Jazz! It is a very critical and analytical 4.5 stars review in which the reviewer describes some great details of the album."
The project is available on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, GooglePlay, and CD Baby. Support our gifted alumnus and click on the RECOMMENDED button above the review.
Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
This week’s Deeper Life Series speaker at Nyack College is Alliance Theological Seminary’s own Dr. Stanley John. Come be blessed by his dynamic teaching.
Services are February 1, 2, and 3 at 8:00 p.m. and one morning service on February 3 at 10:05 a.m., all on Nyack’s Rockland County campus in Pardington Hall, 45 South Blvd., Nyack, NY.
About Dr. Stanley John
Dr. Stanley John, a member of the Indian diaspora born and raised in Kuwait, is the Director of the Alliance Graduate School of Missions and Intercultural Studies at Alliance Theological Seminary. He is passionate about forming servant leaders for missions in a context of world Christianity, global migration and post-Christendom. By addressing these contextual issues, he believes, we can help prepare the best theologically educated, missionally prepared, and apostolic servant leaders for the global church.
Dr. John serves on the board of India Gospel Ministries, an indigenous church-planting ministry in India, and is a member of the Lausanne Global Diaspora Network.
He received a B.A. in Biblical studies at Zion Bible College, and a M.A. and Ph.D. in Intercultural Studies at Asbury Theological Seminary. His research focuses on the intersection of transnationalism, world Christianity, and global Pentecostalism. His dissertation is titled, “Networks, Agents, and Mission: Transnational Religion of Kerala Pentecostal Churches in a Context of Temporary Economic Migration to Kuwait.” He is currently writing several articles on diaspora mission, city movements, and biography of several American missionaries who served in Kuwait and India.
Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
The campus community recently learned of the untimely passing of Nyack New York City School of Music 2009 alumnus, Jonathan Perez. The 37-year-old sang bass in the Nyack College Chorale.
His Nyack music mentors, Drs. Sue and Dana Talley shared, “Jonathan’s deep, rich voice was heard in two of our Lincoln Center concerts, performing the Misa Criolla on the stage of Avery Fisher Hall."
The dynamic music education major was also invited to perform national anthems in public gatherings such as United Nations assemblies.
According to School of Music Dean Sue Talley, “His loves were Jesus Christ, music education, and his family and many friends. Jonathan was a spiritual leader of all of our students at Nyack College and was beloved by all who knew him.”
Please keep the Perez family in your prayers.
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- Neil Anderson Conference at Nyack Sold Out!
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Congratulations to Our December 2015 Graduates!
- Conference on the Role of Faith in the Practice of Medicine
- Nyack Women's Soccer Team Assists With YMCA Clinics
- Browse Blog Archive>>