School of Education News
Take My Resume!
Principal Gina Cappiello of Valley Cottage Elementary School came to Senior Seminar for our student teachers on October 20, 2011 and presented an outstanding workshop on resume writing and interview techniques for our seniors. Each one will be applying for teaching jobs in the near future and Mrs. Cappiello gave them insightful information on the process. Many of the student teachers are now teaching in the Nyack District Schools and we so appreciate our professional relationships with them.
Pictured with Principal Capiello are Gretchen Tobias, Lindsay Hoch, Rachel Logue, Emily Drake, Rhoda Chan, Sarah Welch, Rebecca Wahler, Colleen Gilfoy, Mariah Howe, Rebecca Collins, Ryan McDermott, and Deidra Padgett.
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Relaxing Time Out for Worship at the Rockland Campus Ed Lab
- Bulletin Boards Teaching Math Concepts Energize the Halls of Hilltop School
- Literacy Integration Class Reads Cool Stories at Annual Rockland Read-in
- 2013 Teacher Certification Fees for School of Education Students
- Browse Blog Archive>>