School of Education News
Nyack College Education Department Starts a Peer Mentoring Program
What is an Education Peer Mentor?
Peer Mentors are junior and senior education students, passionate about the field of education, who serve as role models in the areas of academic achievement, in order to support and encourage first and second year education students as they adjust to the rigors and demands of the Nyack College School of Education program.
Under the supervision of faculty and staff, the Peer Mentor Program creates unique peer connections that provide support, encouragement and prayer, by matching outstanding School of Education junior and senior students with their own Mentor Coach and first and second year students.
For more information, please see your advisor or department head.
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Relaxing Time Out for Worship at the Rockland Campus Ed Lab
- Bulletin Boards Teaching Math Concepts Energize the Halls of Hilltop School
- Literacy Integration Class Reads Cool Stories at Annual Rockland Read-in
- 2013 Teacher Certification Fees for School of Education Students
- Browse Blog Archive>>