School of Education News
Dr. Sherry Jarrett Receives an Award of Excellence in Research!
Each year the National Wellness Institute invites University faculty, staff and students to submit poster proposal highlighting best practices and/or research related to wellness. A select few are invited to participate in The Poster Showcase at the annual National Wellness Conference. Dr. Sherry Jarrett, DHEd, Department Chair of Early Childhood Education at Nyack College, presented a poster entitled "Holistic Wellness of Undergraduate Teacher Candidates" at this year’s 35th Annual National Wellness Conference held in Stevens Point, Wisconsin July 17-22. Her poster received the 2010 Award of Excellence for the Research category. Her research study provides a model for other universities involved in Teacher Education. The National Wellness Institute Poster Review Committee, chaired by Dr. John Munson, was greatly impressed with Dr. Jarrett’s research and applauds her for reaching across disciplines to provide holistic wellness education for tomorrow’s teachers, as they will be role models for the children they will someday teach.
Congratulations, Dr. Jarrett!
- Winner of the 2015 Apple Award - Allie Van Hooker
- Self-Regulation and the Common Core
- Laura Rodriguez, Former Deputy Chancellor of NYC Department of Education Speaks at the Urban Education Center
- Value and Flexibility of a Nyack School of Education Degree within and beyond the K-12 Classroom
- Lessons Learned while Teaching in India
- Blessings from the Dominican Republic
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Browse Blog Archive>>