Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits School of Ed
On April 1 the School of Education welcomed Kara Fulop, international director of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary, and Carol Ann Freeman of Nyack College to a chat and luncheon in the Ed Lab. The purpose of the chat was for the School of Education to learn about an English teaching missions opportunity in Hungary.
Kara explained that GoodSports International is a multifaceted ministry that includes a sports ministry (especially in summer), a popular ESL teaching ministry to schools and companies, and an orphanage ministry, all of which are opportunities to share the gospel. LOGOS Language School, the daughter program of GoodSports, provides ongoing English instruction to students of all ages. The school is especially desirous of native English-speaking teachers throughout the year, particularly with an emphasis on conversation. There are also flexible internship opportunities.
Our own December 2013 MAT non-certification TESOL graduate Russell Chun is an intricate part of LOGOS in Hungary, where he recently hosted Nyack TESOL major Carol Ann Freeman as she performed activities for her education program. Carol Ann, says Russell, was “such a blessing to GoodSports and LOGOS. … It was fun and from a ministry point of view it allowed GoodSports to deepen its relationship with both schools.” Upon returning to Nyack Carol Ann hosted Kara Fulop, and brought her to the School of Education to meet us, along with greetings from Russell.
Russell, Kara, and Carol Ann all encourage education majors to consider coming to Hungary for short-term or long-term commitment to ministry in the LOGOS Language School or the GoodSports umbrella program. Russell points out, “My hope is that when a NYACK TESOL student wants to work overseas in Hungary I can quickly place them in either primary or high school.” Expressing appreciation for the education program of Nyack College, he adds, “Truly the NYACK Non Cert course has already launched two missionaries in to the world. Thanks.”
- Winner of the 2015 Apple Award - Allie Van Hooker
- Self-Regulation and the Common Core
- Laura Rodriguez, Former Deputy Chancellor of NYC Department of Education Speaks at the Urban Education Center
- Value and Flexibility of a Nyack School of Education Degree within and beyond the K-12 Classroom
- Lessons Learned while Teaching in India
- Blessings from the Dominican Republic
- Dr. Marie White to Present at SEYS Research Symposium at Queens College October 22
- School of Education Homecoming Dinner
- School of Education Students Take the Lead!
- Dr. JoAnn Looney Appointed to NYACTE Board of Directors
- Summer 2014 Update on State Certification Tests
- NYC SOE Team Signs on as Board Members with the CAUSE
- High School Students Visit with Teacher Alyssa Rice-Cruz, Nyack NYC Alumna
- NYC Writing Center Offers ALST Workshop for School of Education Teacher Candidates
- Change to the edTPA requirement
- Annual School of Education Annual Awards Dinner
- SOE Majors Present in CSGE Student Research Conference
- Kara Fulop of GoodSports International and LOGOS Language School of Hungary Visits SOE
- Student Behavior Management Webinar Held in the Ed Lab
- Five Nyack Teacher Candidates Receive Scholar-Athlete Recognition by the CACC
- Early Childhood Education Students Enjoy Transitions Conference -- Common Core Kaleidoscope
- Relaxing Time Out for Worship at the Rockland Campus Ed Lab
- Bulletin Boards Teaching Math Concepts Energize the Halls of Hilltop School
- Literacy Integration Class Reads Cool Stories at Annual Rockland Read-in
- 2013 Teacher Certification Fees for School of Education Students
- Browse Blog Archive>>